Its Official!

http://www.dopeawards.com

Come one come all :slight_smile: i hope to have at least a 100 or so submissions by the end of the month:)

PS:Please let me know if the navigation is ok?

Take Care,

Sean Mee
www.dopeawards.com

the nav is fine…but why the green color?

Welcome to Forums Seanmee
awesome job!
speed up the button effect a lil, it’s 2 slow
other than that everything seems fine:)

This site was here before I gave you some comments on it, you did get many replys on it also. why do it agein ?

nothing is changed :slight_smile:

blastboy, yeah i did post it once before, but i just got my official domain up:) so i figured i would give the new link.

thank you,
sean

[color=green]The introduction text on the homepage needs to be reorganized. It is so hard to read it as one big paragraph. Usability experts say you should design your site for scanability, because many people don’t have the time to read a large paragraph. Personally, I had to muster up the strength to read this mamoth. Break your paragraph into one section that explains what your site is about. Then follow it up with another paragraph that explains D.O.P.E.

Here is your original with grammar corrections:[/color]

My name is Sean Mee and I LOVE Web Design !!! I have created this site, [color=red](comma not needed)[/color] to feature some of the best websites out there. The [color=red](should be “this”)[/color] site is split in to 4 categories: D-Diverse, will feature sites which touch many different cultures and styles, O-Original, will feature sites that are completely different than any thing color=red[/color] out there, P-Professional, will feature sites that are technically sound with strong attention to detail, E-Effort, will feature sites that arent color=red[/color]as strong as others, [color=red](the comma is not needed, because you have one independent clause with one dependent clause)[/color] but have much potential to grow and become a great site. Every week I will give a D.O.P.E. award to 4 different sites, 1 within each catagory color=red[/color] . At the end of the month I will take the 4 strongest sites from each catagory color=red[/color] and give them an monthly award !!! This site is not here to simply give awards, [color=red](the comma is not needed because of the same reason which was stated earlier)[/color] but to share ideas and creativity with designers from around the world !!! So have fun browsing the site and feel free to submit any site you think will fit in these 4 catagories !!!

[color=green]Here is my revised vision. See how it is easier to scan?[/color]

My name is Sean Mee and I LOVE Web Design !!! I have created this site, to feature some of the best websites out there. The site is split in to 4 categories:

D-Diverse - will feature sites which touch many different cultures and styles.

O-Original - will feature sites that are completely different than any thing out there.

P-Professional - will feature sites that are technicalled sound with strong attention to detail.

E-Effort - will feature sites that arent as strong as others, but have much potential to grow and become a great site.

Every week I will give a D.O.P.E. award to 4 different sites, 1 within each catagory. At the end of the month I will take the 4 strongest sites from each catagory and give them an monthly award !!! This site is not here to simply give awards, but to share ideas and creativity with designers from around the world !!! So have fun browsing the site and feel free to submit any site you think will fit in these 4 catagories !!!

[color=green]Here are a few other pointers
[list]
[] Infinitely repeat the background music. It stopped after 1 time.
[
] The green navigation on the bottom does not match the rest of your site. It needs to have a tan hue.
[] You didn’t make it clear where to submit sites. I see your extremely tiny e-mail adress in the corner, but that isn’t apparent enough. You should at least have a fill-out form. Edit: Now I see where to submit. I just had a hard time finding your hide-and-go-seek navigation. Lesson here: make your navigation stand out more.
[
] I don’t like how you list your award winners. They don’t come with pictures nor text, which devalues your award.
[/list]
[/color]

supree, thnx a ton for the revision and the remarks:) i will try and make the navigation a bit easier to use, and sites will have a pic as wekll as some info on each one.