I've got PS2 Problems!

I’ve had my PS2 for about 3 years now, and I’ve run into the same problem twice now. Ever time I try to play a game (any game that is) it says “Disk Read Error” and I’ve cleaned all my games out and even tried using brand new games in it, but no luck. I read online that the stickers video game rentails put on the disks can somehow unbalance the laser or something, I’m not too sure. Well the first time it happened it was right after i brought back a game, and the same with this time now. Someone please help!

do you have a mod chip? lol stupid question. Why not lay off the video games for a while, dare i say…read a book? hehe Or why not be like me and just play super nintendo!!! :wink:

Have you even bothered doing a google search?
This is the most common PS2 problem. You have to send it in and they’ll fix it for free. You have to tell them that you KNOW they’ll fix it for free, or they will try to charge you. Tell them this has happened to many of your friends, and you have searched online and seen many people with this same problem.

Well, I think that´s true, I know for experience but your problem sound more like a lens problem…a lot of the problem Ive heard about the ps2 is the lens

And if they’re still not convinced, just threaten to buy an Xbox and encourage all of your friends to do so too (what would be the sane thing to do anyway, but hey :beam: )

I’ve already sent it in to them once, but haven’t tried yet again. They fixed it for free, but would they really do it again? Plus I wanted too see if anyone knew so i didn’t have to go through all the stuff to send it in.

And if they’re still not convinced, just threaten to buy an Xbox and encourage all of your friends to do so too (what would be the sane thing to do anyway, but hey :beam: )

That seems to be the best answer!

yay…my 200th post!

If I were you, I’d search for a homemade fix. If you send it in, I’ve heard it took them a month to get it back. Can you live a month without your PS2?

I remember hearing about some problem where some of the PS2’s couldn’t read certain color discs for a while. For example, the blue or black discs. It’s all different.

And radioactive,
that was the most pointless post in this thread. Go read a book? Lol he didn’t ask what he should do instead.

That seems like the best thing to do at the moment. I’ve lived almost 2 months without it now, thank god i have GC and Counter-Strike!

http://www.gamingdynasty.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=42

Solution: And don’t mind me for saying this…Buy an xbox.

Flash Fool you are a god! I finally fixed my PS2!!!

No problem. your welcome

Smack it around a few times.

No need for that now Zao! The problem has been fixed. Although that did cross my mind a few times when it was still broken!