Just Wondering: How did you Find this Site?

So true Phil :slight_smile: Usually in school, when I am asked for my name, I simply show them my student ID card. Makes it a lot easier on both of us [student and the employee of the state] as we argue on which version of pronounciation is accurate [the student would know].

Cheers!
Kirupa

:lol:

When I worked at 3Com in HR before I got my lab position, there was this guy, an Indian who I had to set an appointment up for; His name? Singlaraselevanetel Singlaraselevanetels. (or something really close) It was kind of hard to pronounce, an almost identical first and last name, and both equally impossible to say. So in the 2 weeks before his interview, I, internally in HR would always refer to this guy as Sing Sing. Well, this guy was a no show at first and everyone was going through my paperwork to make sure I didn’t screw it up, he was coming from california or something. Still a no show. Then, a little while later, I see the Hiring manager walk into the conferance room, and I called to him and asked him if Sing Sing had shown up. He was red with embarrasment. Then after I realized what happened, just went and hid myself. Then the recruiter walks into the office and really loud he blurts out; has Sing Sing shown up yet? Well by this time the Hiring manager was pretty indignant, but everyone else including my manager was in hysterics. It only got better, as there were like 6 interviewing managers and two recruiters. 2 more times this occured. Wheres SING SING? Wheres Sing Sing? By the time it was all over, everyone was in hysterics, including Sing Sing, who consequently was hired… For 3 years after that until I was laid off, this guys nickname had become Sing Sing to everyone at 3Com. All because of my inability to pronounce his name, thus assigning him a nickname.

pj
:stuck_out_tongue: