Kirupas preloader tute

Hi all.

I’ve been trying to get the preloader tutorial to work in my project with no luck at all. My flash file consists of several scenes, all of which I’d like to preload before the movie starts playing.
The torial seems to preload the first scene (where I placed it but I’m not sure. Also there is no display when the preloader is running. I get the following message while testing…

<
Scene=intro, Layer=Layer 5, Frame=1: Line 1: You must export your movie as Flash 5 to use this action.
onClipEvent (enterFrame) {

Scene=intro, Layer=Layer 5, Frame=1: Line 2: You must export your movie as Flash 5 to use this action.
var bytes = _root.getBytesTotal();

Scene=intro, Layer=Layer 5, Frame=1: Line 3: You must export your movie as Flash 5 to use this action.
var bytes_loaded = _root.getBytesLoaded();

Scene=intro, Layer=Layer 5, Frame=1: Line 5: You must export your movie as Flash 5 to use this action.
_root.gotoAndPlay(2);

Scene=intro, Layer=Layer 5, Frame=1: Line 6: You must export your movie as Flash 5 to use this expression.
this.kirupatxt = “movie loaded”;

Scene=intro, Layer=Layer 5, Frame=1: Line 8: You must export your movie as Flash 5 to use this action.
_root.gotoAndStop(1);

Scene=intro, Layer=Layer 5, Frame=1: Line 9: You must export your movie as Flash 5 to use this expression.
this.kirupatxt = “loading (” + bytes_loaded + “/” + bytes +")";

>

Is there a simple workaround for both these problems, I’m new to flash and finding the scripting side ALOT harder than the animation side.

To summarize :slight_smile:

I need to be able to preload all scenes before the first one plays and I need to get the preloader display working :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance for any help, I would be eternally grateful.

PS: Maybe it would work if I exported as a flash 5 file but is there a different way. I’d like to keep uit 6(mx) if possible.

Best regards

Danny
!

hehehe, I was getting that error message cos it was set to export as flash 4.

However, the preloader still does not display the screen saying how much is loaded and I still can’t figure out how to get it to preload the entire movie instead of a little bit of the first scene.

Any help please and I’ll buy you a beer!