Looking Into an Instrument: Acoustic Guitar vs Pan Flute vs Electric Guitar

I didn’t post this in the music section because people talk about bands and CDs and various songs in there so I figured I’d post it here.

I’ve been wanting to start learning a musical instrument for a while now, and I was considering guitar for a long time before stumbling upon a couple clips of pan flute (obscure, i know) and I was completely entranced by the sound you can make with it.

I could go on and on comparing the instruments but the long and short of it is that I have three choices: Pan Flute, Acoustic Guitar, and Electric Guitar.

Assuming they all sound awsome, which they do, pan flute gets points for being original, whereas acoustic guitar and electric guitar get points for being something I can actually show to people without feeling like a complete and utter wierdo.

Electric guitars are expensive though, so that may not be an option.

Edit:// I’m assuming you all know what the guitars sound like, but heres a couple of a pan flute:

http://panfluteshop.com/shop/student_panlute_shop/tenor/tenor_panflute.swf

Any and all input would be awsome :slight_smile: (except comments like ‘durr you’re going to be an ELF’ or something because I’ve gotten enough of those from my buds ;))