Massive file sizes >_<

hello, i’m currently making a flash site w/ a pretty large amount of pictures. these pictures average around only about 70-80kb a pic, but this can add up quickly. i’m trying to keep the flash file size as low as possible…ppl hate waiting for a slow loading page… =/

thx

Make the images seperate swf files with preloaders - then have the images loaded into a blank MC in your main movie… that way people will only have to load pictures as they view them… hope this helps, if not explain a bit more what you are trying to achieve with the pics.

Peace

As far as I know, there is only two ways to make pictures smaller in size (kb); lower the resolution or make the actual picture smaller. You can use a program like Photoshop to do that. That’s what I have done in the past to make my HTML webpages load faster.

Another idea; (if you have a catalog of pictures) make thumbnail pictures in your flash movie, turn them into buttons, then link them to bigger pictures on a HTML file that will be expected to take a little while to load. Plus, your viewer will be waiting for one picture at a time as opposed to all of them at once.

on(press){
getURL(“picture1.jpeg”,“blank”);
}

I’m kinda new at this stuff too, I hope this helps:smirk:

thx for the reply
i think i’m sposed to make the whole site in flash, so i think i’ll try those seperate .swf files and preloaders… now to read up on how to do it >_<