Movie buttons loop

that movie you posted that goes back and forth based on i==0 or 1 … thats great … is there a way to make that same functionality loop? so that the movie will play continuously backwards or forward based on the button your Over.

thx

Try using enterframe along with the loop then it should excecute always.

Kyle

you so lost me. if i put an enterframe on the first frame couldn’t i only tell it to go one way or the other?

(enterframe); prevframe() … or something like that

could you post an example :slight_smile:

thx

I assume you’re talking about my fla. Isn’t it doing what you want already? I don’t understand what is the matter.

pom :stuck_out_tongue:

yes, it is diong exactly what i asked … thanks so much for making that.

my question was a different one on the same subject though. i wanted to know if you can set a movie to play backwards or forwards in a loop. currently the ball will go back and forth but it stops at the end or the beginning depending on which way its going.

imagine this: if i’m trying to make a panoramic view of something. i have a movie camera that spins in a circle and makes a movie. then i have a movie that is going in one direction so i can now play it forward and backward which is great but it will stop at the beginning or end depending on which way its going. what i would like is if it would spin continuously either way you’re going.

thanks for all the help :slight_smile:

Well, it stops because there’s a stop action in the frame, but a gotoAndPlay here and there should do.

pom :asian:

if in the last frame i put a OnLoad GoToandPlay frame 1 then it would continually play … forward. if i put a similar action on the last fram telling it to play the first then havent i just created an infinite loop beween the last and first frame?

maybe i’m missing something

thx :slight_smile:

*Originally posted by shuga *
**if in the last frame i put a OnLoad GoToandPlay frame 1
if i put a similar action on the last fram telling it to play the first **
Isn’t that the same action? Anyway, there must be a condition for these gotoAndPlay (what about that onLoad?), and that condition is:

• if we’re going forward, then in the last frame you do the gotoAndPlay, otherwise you don’t
  • if we’re going backwards, then in the first frame you do the gotoAndPlay, otherwise you don’t.

Makes sense?

that makes a lot of sense in theory and i tried to implement your solution but after staring at it for a while and messing around even more i’ve bene unable to make it work. i’ve made the clip into a circle so it would be more loop friendly but i dont understand where or rather how exactly to put in the conitional statements.

thx

I had to cheat a bit to make it work.

it works but this makes it skip. i’m using this for a virtual tour that i’m doing which will have panoramic views. i want the view to be able to spin either way through the movie continuously without a skip in the middle. how would i do that?

or is this just an unattainable goal?

thx so much

You can do it with Actionscript. It’s so much easier!! All you need is a 360° picture and 4 lines of code.

lol pom … you’re great … so i got the 360° picture but … what would those 4 lines of code be?

thx :slight_smile:

Well, that’s interesting, so let’s look at it. The basic method is: I have a movie clip containing the picture twice, side by side. Make sure to have the first picture’s left end at the center of the movie clip to make things easier, and name that instance ‘general’.

Now what do we want it to do: if we press a button, it goes left. Hmm… going left is not a problem because there’s an image on the right.
But if we want to go right, there’s nothing on the left… That’s why we put the picture twice! In that case, we make the movie 'jump to the second picture.

Can you make it with that?

sniffle nu uh

that would be fine if i were going to take each of my 400 panoramic views into photoshop and clean them up into one image but i’m not. i want to import the movie into flash (each panoramic view will be a seperate .swf file with scrolling controls inside) so instead of moving the pictures continuously i want to play the movie continuously backwards or forwards. is this possible? if not its easy enough for me to set it to scroll over 1 or 2 frames on press but i would really like to be able to have a pan button that will scroll continuously while the mouse is over the button.

thx

*Originally posted by shuga *
**i want to import the movie into flash (each panoramic view will be a seperate .swf file with scrolling controls inside)

instead of moving the pictures continuously i want to play the movie continuously backwards or forwards.**
I’m sorry, I can’t understand English this morning. What you are trying to do is: you have a 360° picture, when you rollOver a button, it rolls one way, when you rollOver another, it rolls the other way, right?

Can you send me a picture, I’ll try and make an example.

no. its not one picture. it will be a movie with frames

i am taking the movie camera … setting it to spin in a circle and record while doing so. then i will import the video into flash and put the controls on the movie and save as a .swf file. then at runtime i will import the .swf file containing the movie and the controls into the tour upon request of the user (onPress)

so its not a flat image file with one frame. it is a movie spanning multiple frames. probably 30 or so.

so essentially its the same as the example i posted with the ball that goes in a circle. the movie will move continuously … and i want to be able to play it backwards or forwards.

its easy enough to set a button instance to go to nextframe or prevframe but i would like them to be able to pan around without having to click 30 times.

does it make sense now? :slight_smile:

thx

sniffle … does no one know the answer???

Sorry, I don’t know how to use Video… But why don’t you import 10 frames from your movie, and make 1 360° picture out of them?

pom

it doesnt matter that it’s video … its just a movie clip like any other multiple framed clip.

i would make images out of them except that you run into perspective issues when you do that and it doesnt look as good b/c you’re turning the camera so the perspective of the object in one picture changes in the next one and its difficult and relatively time consuming to do that. also i have 400 or so of them to do so efficiency is crucial. it doesnt matter that its video. just think of the lil ball going around the circle … backwards and forwards w/o skipping.

i’ve asked around and maybe this is impossible but i dont think it should be b/c i’ve seen it done before. sigh

i hope someone can come up with something :slight_smile:

thx very much