Multiple actions with rollovers

Cannot figure out how this was done.
www.francinezaslow.com/francine.html. Go to the about section. Sentences fade up on mouseover while other words fade out.

Anyone give me a hand figuring this one out?
[email][email protected][/email]

You put every word in a movie clip, making the text a button. Simply put a stop action in the first frame of the movie clip. Put s’thing like this to the button : on (rollOver) {play () ; tellTarget ("_root.otherWords") {_alpha = 50 ;}}
pom 0]

Thanks for your reply. When you say every word in a movie clip does that mean all words in one clip or each word in a separate clip? Does making the text a button mean that there is a button for each word of which in the "over’ state has a movie clip of the sentence fading in. Do these buttons get assigned the object script on stage? Do these buttons get placed on top of the same word in the movie clip? What gets named "otherWords’ in order for the script to work?

Gimme your mail, I’ll send you an fla.

pom 0]

Thanks for the help.

[email][email protected][/email]

I just sent the message.

pom 0]

Thank you for the source file. The file makes it clear now however when I add another movie clip I can make one of the others fade but what do I do to the object action below to fade 6 different ones at the same time?

on (rollOver) {
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp play ();
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp _root.clip2._alpha = 50 ;
}
on (rollOut) {
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp gotoAndStop (1);
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp _root.clip2._alpha = 100 ;
}

on (rollOver) {
        play ();
        _root.clip2._alpha = 50 ;
        _root.clip3._alpha = 50 ;
//      etc. etc.
}
on (rollOut) {
        gotoAndStop (1);
        _root.clip2._alpha = 100 ;
//     same here...
}

Note that you have to give your clips INSTANCE names clip3, clip 4…
pom 0]

I was successful thanks to your help. I have one last question regarding the rollover technique I saw at :

www.francinezaslow.com/francine.html -About section.

On rollout the sentence has a nice fade. I have tried another rollout script which calls another frame in the fade sentence movie clip. Am I on the right path?

au bientot–Gary

Exactly. If you don’t pull this out, you can check the tutorial Advanced Rollover on this site, it matches exactly what you want to do. But I think you have all the tools in your hands now.

pom 0]