Multiple rollout 'if' state options required

I will try and clarify my overall problem - when the button loads a movie the rollover states of instances ‘copy’ and ‘date’ should relate to that movie.

If you rollover another button - the rollover state should change, to relate to the movie that this particular button will load,
but when you rollout (and dont’ click to load the associated movie),
the rollover state should default back to that associated with the movie you just loaded (and the button that loaded it).

So, if i put the onrollover states into the onrelease action instead i would not have this problem -
as ‘copy’ and ‘date’ would not change once the movie was loaded.
Only changing when another button is pressed and its associated movie loaded.

In a nutshell, having the associated states of instances ‘copy’ and ‘date’ as rollovers means they can be changed when rolling over a different button,
and i need them to revert back to the states associated with the loaded movie (on rollout of the different buttons).

Obviously, if no movie is loaded then rolling out should turn instances of ‘date’ and ‘copy’ off.

DETAILS

I have navigation set up, where on rollover of each button 3 separate movieclips are affected. On release another movieclip is effected and a swf is loaded. Fine so far - here is the code (where the first mclip is where the buttons are located and the command goes to a frame in that mclip, the 2nd mclip is called copy and the 3rd is called date)(the mclip effected on release is called overs):-

[COLOR=#0000ff]on (rollOver) {
gotoAndStop(‘icups’);
copy.gotoAndStop(‘icups’);
date.gotoAndStop(‘icups’);
}
on (release) {
loadMovie(“icups.swf”,_root.loadclip);
overs.gotoAndStop(‘icups’);[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#0000ff]}[/COLOR]

Now on rollout i want nothing to change if the onrelease state has been activated ie the button is on and the swf is loaded. If the button has not been activated (clicked) then on rollout i want all the mclips affected by the rollover to revert to their off states.

I have set up a variable within the mclip ‘overs’ that makes the on state for each button true. So, if the button has not been clicked it is false all the mclips go to their off states, but if it has been clicked, the else state tells the mclips to stay on (i realise i could have left the else state empty here - you will see why i have put the goto commands in when i illustrate my problem further).

[COLOR=#0000ff]on (rollOut) {
if (_root.icups == false) {
gotoAndStop(‘off’);
copy.gotoAndStop(‘off’);
date.gotoAndStop(‘off’);[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#0000ff]}
else {
}
}[/COLOR]

The problem i have is that I need options for what happens to the mclips for each of my navigation buttons. So that when you have one button on, you can rollover another and see its rollover states, but when you rollout of that other button it defaults back to the over state of the button that is on. The only way i could think of doing it was with the following code: (where cf and tactical are the other buttons i.e whatever button is on is the default state on the rollout)

[COLOR=#0000ff]on (rollOut) {
if (_root.icups == false) {
gotoAndStop(‘off’);
copy.gotoAndStop(‘off’);

[COLOR=#0000ff]}
else {
}
}
on (rollOut) {
if (_root.cf == false) {
gotoAndStop(‘off’);
copy.gotoAndStop(‘off’);

[COLOR=#0000ff]}
else {
copy.gotoAndStop(‘cf’);
date.gotoAndStop(‘cf’);
}
}
on (rollOut) {
if (_root.tactical == false) {
gotoAndStop(‘off’);
copy.gotoAndStop(‘off’);

[COLOR=#0000ff]}
else {
copy.gotoAndStop(‘tactical’);
date.gotoAndStop(‘tactical’);
}
}[/COLOR]

People with a better knowledge of flash than me will recognise that only the last rollout command is picked up - so in this case rollout on all 3 buttons (when cf and icups are not on) revert back to the tactical rollover states of the mclips.

The last time i put a problem on to this forum, i also spent a long time pasting my code and trying to describe my problem in detail, i then received an email from someone asking me what my problem was! Please only reply with questions based on what i’ve put here, if it doesn’t make any sense to you then don’t worry about it. If it does make sense to anyone out there tho, or if you have a better way of turning rollover states on and off, please dont’ hestitate to get in touch with me. Thanks