Mx 2004 = Baad!

I just reformated and lost my serial number and stuff for Flash MX, so I was forced to download the MX 2004 trial cause apperently, the MX trial is no longer avaliable :!:. And, I DONT EVEN KNOW HOW TO OPEN THE ACTION SCRIPT MENU IN MX 2004!! ;-;

MX 2004 isn’t bad, you just need to adapt.

I just spent 10 minutes trying to open the Action Script menu, which has yet to open :m:

Edit: Yay, I found it! :love:

I had problems when I first worked with mx04, too
but once you work with it, you will not want to work with mx anmore :slight_smile:

MX 2004 is great, I think its better than MX, and now its easy for me, you just need to take some time with it… + tutorials

:beer:

The more I work with MX2004, the more I enjoy coming back to MX :sure: From 5 to MX, at first it was a little awkward because the interface was much bulkier. Code hints and auto-indent made up for that. Now, with MX2004, the interface is even MORE bulky, and nothing incredibly special has been improved in terms of boosting my productivity

I do like the way 2004 will allow me to replace library items with a click of the button… I used to have to make sure all of the symbols I had changed were deleted completely, then I could paste the new versions (otherwise, it would always revert to the previous version)…

I like the snapping hints in 2004… they speed up my design productivity…

I don’t like the fact that I have to remember AS now tho. I liked the Novice Mode in MX… It was clean, and I’m lazy when it comes to coding (a holdover from the days before AS).

So I guess I like more things about 2004 than I dislike (I can be less lazy)…

Rev

the edge snapping can be nice, but with more than a few objects on the screen, it can be a pain in the *** too. Its true, though; there are good things about it, and there are bad.

yes, I have had to turn it off a couple times… but at least you can… Also, if you keep enough layers, etc… you can keep most things locked, and not interfere with them…

I don’t like the way that 2004 creates symbols for me… If I wanted a damm sybol, I would have made one… I am constantly breaking apart the symbol after I have pasted the image on the stage…

FW 2004 is the bomb tho… it is so much faster, plus you can now just save the altered image, rather than have to go thru the export , etc. I haven’t found anything with FW 2004 that I don’t like.

Rev

*Originally posted by reverendflash *
**FW 2004 is the bomb tho… it is so much faster, plus you can now just save the altered image, rather than have to go thru the export , etc. I haven’t found anything with FW 2004 that I don’t like.

Rev **

I was wondering what you thought of it =)
So far I have little to complain about with FW2004. Some things still irritate me, but they’re fairly minor. The speed though… oh my. Now THAT is a reason never to use MX anymore. Its like greezed lightnin!

I haven’t really touched MX 2004 much since I got it (last friday). Mostly because when I help people with MX i have to use MX so I can send them my fla. I have been using dreamweaver though and I like it a lot. The new CSS stuff is a big help. I haven’t tried fireworks yet though I will soon enough. I feel bad though. I just spend $250 on the studio and I’ve barely used it!

you can save as MX in 2004 (for the first time thank the MM Gods)

Rev

What I don’t like about MX 2004 is the AS help system. Before, you’d get an IE window that loaded all the help files. Now all the help files appear in yet another pane right next to the AS editor.

I don’t know if anyone noticed, but there are some pretty cool animation effects now found on the timeline. I believe one of them was a blur thing; nothing too great, but something new.