My new site, comments & suggestions pls

http://www.jenesaisquoi-design.com

Thanks

Where to start:

(-)

1. Splash screen is to busy and too dirty, the Enter font is very ugly as well. Ugly Doom lookin font doesn’t work either. What’s the thing in the upper right corner?

2. Again, MP3 player has loooots of font issues, I see it’s a MP3 player from flashstar, you may want to look for a different one that isn’t branded if you can’t throw one together yourself. I also wouldn’t put it in the banner.

3. Hmmm… banner is really messy the left and right don’t match up at all. The text on the right even disappears in places.

4. Buttons are a little to bold and don’t flow w/ the site. Font is to big inside of them should’t touch the borders.

5. Contact form is to generic.

6. The transition sound doesn’t make sense, maybe take it out. It’s way to high techy.

7. Body copy fonts sizes between pages aren’t consistant, they vary in size.

8. Scroll arrows are a nice, concept but they don’t really fit. A flat version triangle or something would work better.

9. Why is your bg on norepeat? At higher resolutions it shows the horrid grey bg which doens’t work w/ your site.

10. Did you win those awards or did you just post the banners there? (notice the golden web award ppl, what’d I say about that one :wink: )

(+)

1. Colors are nice and usable.

2. Logo is nice, although I think it’s just a stock font, but the G is sexy. Don’t like the bevel on it though.

3. Transitions are nice.

IMO this is a very rough start and needs lots of touching up, more importantly it needs to be themed better and flow much better.

Thanks simplistik, got a lot of input from you. Yes I won the award, I didn’t just put the banner in there.

And I also know that the award doesn’t mean much. I personally don’t think the award worth anything.

Thank you so much guys, I’ll work on it more and try to fix some things. I appreciated ^^

Hey jenesaisquoi where’d you get your name from ?

from a friend of mine, her email address was jenesaisquoi. I thought that’s an interesting name, so i used it.