Names bolded on the "who's here" list

when i come to the forum there is a list at the bottom of who’s here on the forums at the moment. some of the names are bolded. at first i thought maybe this had to do with the number of posts they have, but it doesn’t b/c i have more posts than some of the people that show up as bolded.

does anyone know how this list works?

kirupa?

thanks

The names in <b>bold</b> are mods (moderators). They can edit threads, ban people from the board, etc.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

i wanna be a mod

heh … prolly wouldn’t use the power too much though … mostly just want my name bolded … lol

thx

Not sure how exactly you become a mod, maybe it depends on how much you know about AS and how helpful you are to people on this board who need help with AS.

Who knows…?

kriupa sir … surely you know :slight_smile:

ah i found the answer

Moderators oversee specific forums. They generally have the ability to edit and delete posts, move threads, and perform other manipulations. Becoming a moderator for a specific forum is usually rewarded to users who are particularly helpful and knowledgeable in the subject of the forum they are moderating.

next logical question would be … who decides who’s knowledgable and helpful, and who decides who gets to be a moderator:)

Kirupa does of course, he does own and maintain this board. That is why his name comes up in <b>bold</b> and <i>italic</i> text like this …<B><I>kirupa</I></B>

mr. kirupa sir … what do i have to do to be a moderator :slight_smile:

you have to marry jubba!

Well to tell you the truth I don’t think kirupa needs any more moderators but I was looking towards getting to promote some one I know that deserves the position coughlostinbetacough! I think its about time that you became bolded! I’ll talk to him about it and see what I can do, but again thats only if you want to?

I agree dan! Lostinbeta should be a moderator. He ranks right up there with the Top 5 posters. So…{drum rolls}…Jubba rolls out the red carpet…

LOSTINBETA is now a Super Moderator. He can pretty much do whatever he pleases haha. So, lostinbeta, you will see your name bolded in the Who’s Online box =)

Congratulations and thanks for all the help you have provided.

Cheers!
Kirupa :rambo:

<B>WOW!!!</B>, I definitely wasn’t expecting that one. It is a great honor to be crowned as a moderator by Kirupa himself.

Haha!, I will do my best to fulfill my duties as a mod and help people on this board. =) :slight_smile:

<B>THANKS KIRUPA, DAN, ILYASLAMASSE, RENNAISANCEGIRL, EYEZBURG, THORIPES, DAVID, SBEENER, VTS31, PHIL and to any other mods on this board that I may have forgot!!!</B>=)

no problem my brother from another mother!

congrats lostinbeta :slight_smile:

you da man … and now not only that but … you da bolded man

Haha, thanks <B>shuga</B>. Figured I would give you a chance to see your name bolded too.

lol … thx so much

you’re so cool :stuck_out_tongue:

maybe one day i’ll be cool enough to be a mod =)

Don’t worry shuga, your day will come :slight_smile: