Netscape 7.2 released

scottfi writes “America Online has just released Netscape 7.2. Based on Mozilla 1.7, this latest version features better popup blocking, vCard support, an improved junk mail algorithm, better standards support, performance enhancements and several hundred other bug fixes. It also includes patches for recent security vulnerabilities. It is a little over a year since AOL shut down the Netscape browser division, laid off or reassigned the remaining engineers and withdrew from the day to day running of mozilla.org. At the time, they said that new versions of Netscape were unlikely. Earlier this year, they changed their minds and announced Netscape 7.2. More details about Netscape 7.2 are available at Netscape Browser Central, together with download links.”

I’ll stick with Firefox. I’ve had horrible experiences with Netscape.

i hate netscape

does anybody even use netscape anymore?

PlayaMarz does :stuck_out_tongue:
he said it had “the best” JavaScript support.

…Go FireFox :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

hehehe =)

He uses Opera now :stuck_out_tongue:

Im going to have to stick with Safari/FireFox

What’s the point?

I mean, isn’t mozilla the same thing? Do we really need 4 (or more???) browsers that are the “same” thing (netscape, mozilla, epiphany, firefox)?

-teet

One of the advantages is that people may have heard of the name “netscape”, so it might be easier to switch :slight_smile:

(Epiphany is Mozilla designed to be integrated better into GNOME, that’s a totally different matter ;))

They’re all based on the Gecko rendering engine for content.

The differences between the Mozilla-clones is usually just visual – GUI, themes, and extensions.

Firefox is definetly better for Windows users since it’s optimized for Windows (just how Epiphany is better for GNOME [or even KDE if you’re not a Konqueror fan]).

hmm nah i think Firefox is very good - so why change i say!!!

ha - that’s what I was going to ask, who the hell uses netscape anymore? Netscape is a nightmare x4!