Official photo battle thread - 8.2.04

Just noticed this thread, and grabbed my cameraā€¦hope Iā€™m not too late to enter. I know the deadline is the 10th, but Iā€™m not 100% sure whether I needed to say before now that I am in.

dang. unflux is gonna win now.

Yeah, that is one cool pic!!!..not to mention the weeks it must have taken to train the grasshopper to sit and stay like that :stuck_out_tongue:

I really like adams it has a lot of amber colors so its very soothing.

thanks, idol :beer:

thanks, idol :beer:

no problem I think this will become my backround till something else pops up like all my previous backrounds.

woo hoo! Cool, man!

Donā€™t mention it I like the colors alot they give me a soothing sense as i said before and it looks really cool when you are laying in bed and listening to techno I can look at it and fall asleep which I am thinking of doing.

removed

My Entry, a shot during a storm last night.

Using shades of 1 colour to explore texture and depth.
8 sec. time exposure
Nikon CoolPix 995

Findal
www.fndzinz.com

prstudio- i like that man. itā€™s got an earthly color theme type thing. itā€™s nice.

findal- that shot is pretty cool, too. too bad the lightning wasnā€™t a little to the right side, where there seems to be light between the houses. know what i mean? it might have looked like it struck those houses and cause a fire or something. maybe not though. iā€™m prolly just dumb.

but nice pics yo. i canā€™t wait to see the winner. i know itā€™s gonna be unflux.

Just got back from my mini-vacation, and the entries look nice! Good work everyone!

mrE, donā€™t put yourself down by saying UNFLUX is going to win, I hate when people say that! :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT : And Findal, how does that correspond with the theme for this battle?
The theme was color, and uhhā€¦

iā€™m not putting myself downā€¦ i honestly think unflux deserves to win, and iā€™m gonna vote for him. lol.

Dipi,
Are you aware that the photoā€™s you use in battles have to be new, and cannot use an image from your stash? Becuase I know someone who says that image looks familiarā€¦

It looks familiar because its the same flower that i took last time. I did take it fresh though.

Here is a screen shot of the properties of that image (before resize) just to back myself up for those of you who have doubts:
http://kirupa.mdipi.com/battles/proof.jpg

@UNFLUX: Great macro! How did you find the grasshopper?!

Man Can I change my entry. I want to take the same shot mind you. I just found out that my ISO settings were messed with. And I know I can get a clearer shot. Is it all right with everyone. Remember it will be the same composition and everythingā€¦

Well I donā€™t know about everyone else, but I sure as hell wouldnā€™t mind Dj. Go ahead, Iā€™d like this to be a big challenge!

**crap wrong userā€¦sorry

nice pics yaā€™ll.

if i knew about this battle i would of joined inā€¦ maybe i can get a nice pic in the next few hours, weā€™ll c.