Official photo battle thread - 8.2.04

Okay, here is a rundown of the rules:

the subject is color. no limits.
the due date: august 10 (don’t want people to lose interest, but I have to give us film people a chance :stuck_out_tongue: )

post editing - keep it low, the idea is to use your camera to create, not photoshop.

anyone can still join, post your entries in this thread whenever. the original thread is http://www.kirupaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65045

good luck!

can i send in my entry now?

did you take it that fast?

well, i have a picture i took recently. it meets the requirments of an entry for this battle, so i thought i could use it.

You’re allowed to post your entry whenever you’re ready :).

ahhhhh… this is where we post the images. didn’t realize it at first. there should be a link on the old thread to this one.

its at the top of this page…:whistle:

i i dont like the soda one. this was taken on the same day as the jones soda.

dufferin subway station. [ttc] rite after the subway left the station. sorry for low quality, msn member directory is my host, and i cannot upload anything larger than 1 mb.

That’s not what he said… he said a link on the old thread to this thread… not a link from this thread to the old.

Out of my curiousity… will someone make a battle page for this? That way we can see all the pretty colors together?

EDIT:
@Ruski, I meant a pretty little html page where all of them are displayed, w/o interuptions of the posts. I think it would just be nicer to show off some of these pictures.

umm, this is the official battle page.

:huh:
I thought pictures had to be taken specifically for this battle…?
(Isn’t that how battles usually go?)

but this pic matches the requirements.

yea a battle page would be best so users dont have to search through dozens of pages. Which all the spam is sure to lead to. Kinda like I did the gizmodo contest.

But the point of the battle is to improve your skills :wink: How does entering a photo from before the battle was thunk up help you improve?

I would understand if there was a prize involved or something, but I just don’t see the point

Nice picture though btw.

I agree with ruski,…long as he took the photo and it meets requirements, there really should be no problem of when. But that is just my .02.

Yeah, it’s not a big deal hehe. I was just asking, because that’s how I understood the battles to work. Friendly competition though hehe.

Edit:

Battle Basics: [list=1]
[]Challenge a certain member to battle you or request for anyone to accept.
[
] You can challenge more than one member if you like and others can request to join.
[]Each member will make submittions to post based on the theme set my a moderator.
[
]Your image in a battle must be new work not something you have already done!
[*]You may also choose to do a collaberation (collab) with 1 or more members where you all work on one image together.

[/list] (Emphasis added)
But it’s fine if you guys want to exclude this battle hehe.

it can slide, since the photo was taken a day or so ago. But no photos from like a month ago or anything.

ruski: im not really sure about the big text, it’s fine if it doesn’t take away from the image, but if you want you can put a border with info on it. just a quick critique :wink:

i dont know how to make a border… :(…should i just make the text smaller??

thanks yelly…for clearing up the rules. I guess I never knew that or forgot or something.

smaller text would work. like your name and date in the corner.