Ok :)

Hey, I didn’t do that thing to intimidate you guys :frowning:
I hope you’ll all come up with something cool…

pom :asian:

Experiment of the day: some water ripples, fully scripted (you have to click to see anything) here.

pom :asian:

Oh ilya that’s just unfair! :stuck_out_tongue:

Gawd… the most advanced thing I’ve ever done is simple physics… I feel soooo left behind here…

Oh well, All in due time… practice makes perfect… yaddayaddah…

Wow Ilyas, that water ripple thing is nuts! I need to start reading up on physics and trig so I can come with something that can at least challenge that a little bit.

Wow, these are some really nice effects. Would it be alright if the contest is open to the public on Friday? I need some time to get people to know about this via the site, and I also need some to get the word out to other Flash sites :slight_smile:

Cheers!
Kirupa :bandit:

Oh, sorry, I thought it started already. My mistake. Do the already submitted entries still count? I will wait until Friday to post my next one (still not as good as Ilyas’, but I like it).

of course, all the submitted entries still do count :slight_smile: It’s just that others besides the usual forum posters don’t know about it just yet hehe.

I’ll also find a way to upload the SWF files…as long as they are under 10k in size :slight_smile: It’ll make it easier than having to go through pages that have banners, etc.

Cheers!
Kirupa

Oh, well in that case…

<U>ENTRY 3</U>
<B>EXAMPLE: </B>Entry 3 Example

This is my third entry. I am not sure if it 100% qualifies, but I think it does because it is just dynamically made grids that overlay eachother. Ah, you will see.

Thanks for putting all that info together on the grid. I now understand what it is you’re all working off of. I’ll start work on an idea or two in the morning.

All of the entries are excellent so far.

Remember people that the winning or the losing is a curve based upon skill level. Pom’s entries are great… but they mean less because of the skills he has. Don’t be afraid to make an entry just because you don’t think that you’re capable of making something comparable.

That is a good point david! It is still fun to drool at the nice looking ones though… I am working on another entry now, but it doesn’t feel like cooperating. Ah, oh well, I am sure I will get it to work somehow.

Kirupa: Are we REQUIRED to use the code originally provided by ilyas? Because if not I have to take away my last entry and stop workin on my current project.

Alright, consider me seriously scared now. :slight_smile:

I haven’t so much as thought of trig since I was 15, and that’s a looong time ago now.

Mathematics is a mystery to me.

I have nervous breakdowns at the mention of ‘cosine’.

Would anyone notice if I changed the name on one of Poms .swfs and said that I wrote it? :slight_smile:

eh, i’ll just post this…i dont know if it has anything to do with a grid or something…poms already seen it though :slight_smile:

_root.createEmptyMovieClip("bob", 5).lineStyle(Math.random*30, Math.random()*0xffffff, Math.random()*50+50);
while (i<4) {
	_root.bob.duplicateMovieClip("bob"+i, i);
	i++;
}
while(angle<150){
//onMouseMove = function () {
	_root.bob.lineStyle(Math.random()*5, 0x0099cc, Math.random()*50);
	moveX = Math.sin(angle/Math.PI*180)*(300+angle)+(300);
	moveY = Math.cos(angle/Math.PI*180)*(50)+(100);
	_root.bob.moveTo(moveX, moveY+angle);
	_root.bob.curveTo(275, 150, 275, 400);
	// while(it <4){
	bob2.lineStyle(Math.random()*5, 0x0000cc, Math.random()*75-30);
	bob2.moveTo(moveX, moveY+angle-50);
	bob2.curveTo(275,3, 275, 400);
	bob1.lineStyle(Math.random()*5, 0x0099ff, Math.random()*75);
	bob1.moveTo(moveX, moveY+angle+100);
	bob1.curveTo(275, 0, 275, 400);
	bob3.lineStyle(Math.random()*5, 0x0066ff, 40);
	bob3.moveTo(moveX, moveY+angle+200);
	bob3.curveTo(275, 2, 275, 400);
	// it++;
	// }
	angle++;
	//if (angle == 150) {
		//onEnterFrame = null;
	//}
};

It may take a bit to calculate…but it looks pretty :):o

see… I don’t know… I’m not really happy with having the origional FLA’s or code posted in the contest thread. I think the workings of how someone does something should be kept secret until someone wins. Just my opinion.

That does look like very tastie code Bezzer

Oki ta hell with it… I’m trying…

This is my entry. Tried out the grid tut, and then went nuts. Not having a CLUE how to manipulate the grid, I think this is fairly good for a newbie like myself!

Mind u all I sat up till 04:00 AM trying to get this to work, ok…?

My entry

Dunno if it qualifies… but I used the grid thingy as the fading “shroud”…

See the pic in the back!? =)

Bezzer: That is very nice (and CPU intensive), but it doesn’t have anything to do with grids.

Elisoe: OOOOO, I likes!

david: Why not see the code that created a masterpiece? It also helps to see the code because if there are 2 entries that are similar we can compare code to see if any code was copied.

<U>ENTRY 4</U>
<B>EXAMPLE: </B>Entry 4 Example

I am submitting this even though I still don’t know if we are REQUIRED to use the code originally provided by Ilyas. If we are, then I can always remove it.

Kitiara, we could have a nervous breakdown together with all those maths going on!!!,=)

Anyway, i think i will follow David’s advice and don’t give up. If you consider that i have began learning actionscript only a month ago, if i copy and paste the grid code and swear i understood how it works, will be enough??? ha, ha, ha… just joking!!

I know i can’t be in this competition for the moment.

Don’t put yourself down. I don’t know jack fiddle about the math side of Flash (yet:evil: ). I just wing it and see what comes up. All I can say is to at least give it a try, if you come up with something cool, submit it, if not, at least you tried.

well, ok, i’ll try it.

=)

I really love the atmosphere here, people… you are really great!!!

Well as david said, your skill level is factored into the voting. Since you are new at AS, if you come up with something cool, it will add to your chance of a vote:)

Just be confident in your abilities and you can defeat any obstacles:)

Exactly Lost… Look at my entry… I’m a straight noob, started flash a couple of months ago, and still I managed to get this working…

Although I’m pretty sure I’ll make more entries…

Experiment FadingBlack!! Practice makes perfect… (sorta :slight_smile:

And I’m practicing my ass off… :stuck_out_tongue: