Photos/pictures

All types of suggestions requested. Does anyone know a cool way to display photos on a flash site (i.e. slideshow,masking etc.) Please direct me to any .flas or tutorials out there that may have instructions on how to accomplish an effect. These are wedding and cosmetic pics - I don’t want to create a page with a thousand thumbnails in frontpage - that’s so boring - I want something that will get the visitors attention - Thanks in advance all

come on you guys - all these flashers on this board ands no one has pictures on their website - I guess if I don’t get a response this time I’ll post on another site - thanks anyway

I must have something somewhere. Just let me check (you can still post on another site).

pom

you could try and create some thumbnails on the side and the main screen will have a RANDOM FADE/IN-OUT of the thumbnails. They could also click on the thumbnails and view the pics on the main screen.

This should be fairly simple to make.

Just a thought.

Mike

Got it. Weird effect, but certainly unusual. Not from me anyway.

www.multimania.com/ilyasl…deshow.swf

pom

I picked up this link once…

http://www.phillipkerman.com/actionscripting/#beginning

it has a slide show tut that is modifiable.

I think someone here post the link along time ago and I liked.

Matt

Anyone know how to accomplish the effect on this site - the big background pic is not the problem - (that’s saved as a graphic and they’re using a alpha mask over it) here’s a few questions:

www.phillipkerman.com/act…#beginning

1. How do they make the alpha masking effect blurry
  2. How do they accomplish the whole effect at the top of the page with the smaller pics

The bottom of the page has pics too but I think I can figure that out - a slide in effect which fades - is there a amoother way to slide the pics without hitting shift + arrow key to move them.

Thanks Flashers

CORRECT ONE

www.vidalsassoon.co.uk/vidal.html

About the small pictures that come and go, that’s totaly trivial, just a movie clip with movie pictures.
Actually I don’t know which animation you’re talking about. My guess is the one on the background, with the blur mask. That one is much more difficult to accomplish. I found something on that on Flashkit but however wonderful that site is, you can’t find anything. That’s pretty much the same though :
www.flashkit.com/tutorial…ndex.shtml
Very nice effect.

pom

now this is cool - it has to be hard to accomplish and I have’nt even looked at the .fla yet

www.flashkit.com/movies/I…ndex.shtml

If I accomplish this effect I would not have a problem giving credit to the creator like requested

That’s what I was looking for !!! Actually, it’s a very good .fla. You can customize everything very easily.
pom

I will try it out as soon as I get off of work in exactly 8 minutes - I can’t wait to work on it - does it involve alot of actionscript - I’m not to familar with alot of actionscript yet - but I’m very comfortable with the tools/panels etc

The blur effect is very easy to accomplish.

Take a photo, open in photoshop.
save once as a jpg
Use a blur filter on the whole thing
save as a second jpg (different name)

Import the first one into flash.
create a layer above that first layer
Import the second picture.
Create a third layer above the last. Make it a “mask” layer.
Make the second layer “masked”
in your mask layer, do any animation you want.

The end result is that blurred effect. It takes about three minutes to accomplish.

THAT WAS VERY SIMPLE THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH -YOU KNOW YOUR STUFF - I WILL DEFINITELY HAVE TO DEDICATE A SECTION OF MY OWN WEBSITE WHEN IT’S COMPLETE TO ALL OF THE FLASHERS THAT HAVE TAUGHT ME NEW THINGS ALONG THE WAY - THIS IS SO MUCH BETTER AND EASIER THAN READING A 500 PAGE FLASH BOOK - THANKS AGAIN upuaut8