phpBB Database setup

Hi, I am the administrator for the Nesteq Corporation website. We’ve recently decided to revamp the site, and give it a major redo, meaning: starting from scratch!!! Anyway, we have decided to add a forum to the site, for customer support, etc…

After browsing the internet, and spending loads of time on Google and Kirupa, I found the perfect prebuilt php based forum: phpBB. I decided to go for a prebuilt open source one, as I have no idea how to create my own. After downloading it, it says that I need to set up a database for the forum. I chose to do my database in Microsoft Access 2003, but am completely lost and don’t know where to begin!

After searching the support site, I found that the there was a prebuilt MS Access database in the installation files. I opened it up, tryed to edit it but it is read only. So I don’t know where to go from here. If some one could please help me. I’m not a novice at creating websites, it’s just I don’t know a thing about forums, (apart from posting new threads, and replies). I specialize in the Macromedia range, and don’t usually use anything else. (I know, I really should try to learn Photoshop). So if anybody can help me, then please…

Thanks.