Please Help!

Hey all flashers, I have two questions that have been troubling me for some time. I was wondering if you guys could help me out with them.\r\r1. Is there a way to use the “stop” actionscript command with a single layer instead of the whole scene?\r\r2. How do I get a scrolling text effect? I want it where there is a single body of text. Throughout the animation, the text would scroll upwards. Then, when a line reaches the top, I want it to go back down to the bottom of the text box and start going up again. This would be a continuous loop.\r\r\r

1: Put everything in that layer into a movieclip and then use a stop action at the end of the movieclip\r\r2: Put the text in a movieclip and change the y position.

You can also use .scroll, maxscrol and such (see text scrolling tutorial on this site).\r\rpom 0]

If I put the text into a movie clip then when I change the Y axis will it recycle to the bottom when it gets to the top?

If you tell it to, yes it will ! Simple matter of ** if** tests :

if (I'm out) {move the text up}\r\rif (I'm out the other way around) {move the text down}

pom 0]

Would I have to make each line of text a symbol or just the whole body of text?

The whole body. Controlling each line is not interesting…\r\rpom 0]

Hey could anyone here write the actionscript required? I have just touched the edges of the code and don’t know much about it. Maybe if you could explain it also? Thank you very much!\r\rPS. \r\rCode: Continuously move text body up. When a line of text reaches a certain Y value, the line goes back down to the bottom and starts back up.

Turn your text into a movie clip and then this is the code you have to put to this movie clip :

onClipEvent (load) {\r\r&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp starty = this._y ;\r\r&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp limit = starty + 200 ;\r\r&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp increment = 3 ;\r\r}\r\ronClipEvent (enterFrame) {\r\r&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp if (this._y>limit) this._y = starty ;\r\r&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp this._y += increment ;\r\r}

pom 0]