Pop_Up_Windows?

Hello all,

Wondering if there is a work around to this problem -

I have all my code in place to open a pop_up window on a button press. The problem I am running into is my .swf is 500x300 but when it opens in the new window which is Java script driven to open 500x300 my .swf is not aligned to the top left corner so my movie gets clipped.

What code do I need to use - I am thinking it is in the html tags but am lost as to what I need to do?

Thanks

Are you trying to open a pop up window that contains an embedded swf? I think that’s what you mean. If you click a button a window opens with the new swf?

If that’s the case you need to centralise the new swf in a html page.

Then call the page with javascript on a button click but set the dimensions of the window to whatever size you want.

<body topmargin="0" leftmargin="0">

Make your body tag look like that (plus whatever info you have in there such as background color, font color, etc).

This will remove the 2 margins around your page so your movie shouldn’t be clipped.

If you want go go all out, do this…

<body topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" bottommargin="0" rightmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">

This removes <b>all</b> margins.

Thank you all very much! That is what I was missing :wink:

lostinbeta is right. That’s what I use for games in pop up windows. It wraps round the swf neatly and there are no margins.

yeah margins get anoying…u know how to turn
em off in dreamweaver? hehe. I dont know html… lol

oh never mind…i worked it out hehe