Preloader NEED HELP ASAP

Hi,

my flash movie is designed so that everything sits within 1 MC which i called “CompleteMC”…

BUT even within this MovieClip… everything else is placed inside other Movie clips and they all sit with a maximum of 2 or 3 frames ?..

this “completeMC” sits on frame 2 of the main time line (this was done so that i can quite easily drag this “completeMC” into another movie should i need to )

Question:
seen the kirupa tutorial on the “preloader”
ifFramesLoaded (“label”) {
gotoAndPlay (“label”)
}

nice, BUT 3 things

1. the label sits within the CompleteMC and, that only has 2 frames

2. HOW do i direct the code to check a “frame label” 3 MC’s down inside each other ?

3. lastly, the total swf file = 468 KB (is this large ? it has a lot of screen dumps - its a tour of a site) AND would you suggest i preload half of it, that way people can start looking around while the rest loads?

any help, as soon as is possible would be greatly appreciated…

cheers

Ket

1. Is that a question ?
  2. Find the right path… _root.my_movie1.my_movie2.gotoAndPlay(“label”) ;
  3. It’s a bit large, but I wouldn’t advise you to do what you want to do, for the simple reason that nobody does that…

pom 0]

Hi POM,

cheers for the reply…( i sat and thought a little more about the problem) it just didn’t strike me that the ifFramesLoaded function could sit at the end of a path (whoops…)

I’ll take your advice and place the “finalFrame” label on the last frame of a second movie…it should have drilled down enough to have loaded the majority…

bytesLoaded and bytesTotal works better.

I really should write an extension for that tutorial… :slight_smile:

Ups, you should actually just make it into a tutorial that Kirupa can post, and take out that Framesloaded tutorial, cuz its crap. :slight_smile:

Yeah… not sure why they would choose to document framesLoaded, but not document bytesLoaded… it’s a mystery to me.

I’m working on it now.