Preloader problem that makes me stairaway to heaven

Hello I am thinking about making a preloader to my flash site. But I have some problem by doing it correctly. I have looked at the many tutorials her at kriupa but I have still some questions. First I would like to ask if someone just can show me how to do by downloading my .fla file here and put an working preloader on it and upload it to my ftp. Ore else I would like to have an very good description how to make an preloader with % and kb. I would be nice if someone should help me out with this **** :evil:

fla file may be downloaded from ]here

and upload it here ftp://fla:[email protected]

I Have posted you a preloader

I hope you can work it out. If not, I can post a “how to” for you.

I would have posted the file here, but even zipped it came above the file size limit fro this forum

Sorry to everyone else.

I guess if you like it, you could post it to your site and link to it here?

John :slight_smile:

*Originally posted by JohnLawton *
**I Have posted you a preloader

I hope you can work it out. If not, I can post a “how to” for you.

I would have posted the file here, but even zipped it came above the file size limit fro this forum

Sorry to everyone else.

I guess if you like it, you could post it to your site and link to it here?

John :slight_smile: **

Ok thanks but I have to say something that I didn’t took up earlier. I have no problems to find an functional preloader but my big problem in the mess that comes when I put the preloader to my scene that have a lot of layers. When I copy and past the preloader the loader just disappear. But if I press Ctrl-enter frenetically thene I see the preloader in about half an second then it disappear.

This might sounds a bit complicate but it might depend on my not so high skilled English. I hope you understand my problem or else post me again and I send you my .fla file to your email.

Thanx again

If u’r trying to run the movie locally (on your PC) u won’t see the preloader :slight_smile: Cu’z the movie is stored on your Hard drive… So, no load time!

Upload it and check it online on u’r site… that should do the trick… :slight_smile:

If u’r running it online already and it still occurs, try deleting your temp. Internet files and reload the page…

Hope it helps!

Hi

Ctrl-Enter turns on Test Movie.

Pressing Ctrl-Enter again during the test will turn on Show Streaming (View, Show Streaming)

But if you’ve got a small movie, it will stream quickly, so, set the bandwith to 14.4k (Debug, 14.4)

That way, even the smallest movie will take an age to preview and you’ll see the preloader.

That’s why I put a big JPG in the movie (the clown) so that there would be enough to download to see the bar and stats progess.

By the way, setting the viewers stream speed has no effect on the final movie when you put it on the web, it’s only for testing purposes.

Hope this helps

John

Ok so my problem may have been that I couldn’t see the preloader but scientific it was already loaded and hard for me to see? If this is the reason to my problem then I have to thank you all for your support. But if this aint work I’m going mad :evil:

:stuck_out_tongue: Thanks pal´s