Preloader 'strobes' my movie

No problem, I am glad I could help at least a little bit:)

Even if it didn’t fix the whole problem on your side, you at least have a nudge in the right direction, which is always better than nothing:)

Hey LOST i saw that you said to put a stop on the last frame of movie but what if you want Scene 2 to loop? and Scene one is your preloader? …oh yeah another thing that code you put isn’t working

if (_framesloaded>=_totalframes) {
gotoAndPlay(nextScene());
} else {
gotoAndPlay (1);
}

Yeah, so sorry about that, I messed up on the code, it is actually…

if (_framesloaded>=_totalframes) {
nextScene();
} else {
gotoAndPlay (1);
}

If you have the preloader on Scene 1 and want Scene 2 to loop then just add a gotoAndPlay(1) action on the last frame in Scene 2, this week keep going back to Frame 1 in Scene 2. If you don’t put it, it will loop back to Scene 1 and so forth.

ok thanks i’ll try that although regarding the code the problem according was regarding the " else " it was saying that it was missing the “if” but anyway i will go try it …thank you

Well I just tried out that above code and it worked fine.

yeah i got no errors in the code, however the preloader did not work. I set it up like you do with the 2 scenes, but when i load my page all i see is a blank rectangle where i should see a preloader…:frowning:

Hmm, it has been a while since I have done a basic preloader. I will have to test this out.