Preloading in flash 2004

I know there is probably a thousand posts about this but I searched and couldn’t find anything so please hear me out…

I know there is a preloader component but I would like to make a custom animations for the preloader. Is there a way to make a movie clip that plays when something is downloading and stops when it isn’t? I would like a movie clip of a tree growning that stops and starts depending on the downloading rate and when the it is completely loaded the animation would be completely done.

Does anyone know what I mean? And also, can someone tell me the AS that allows me to tell the precent of the preloader in Flash MX 2004? Thanks.

Mike

preloading is the same, lostinbeta’s tutorial will indeed work for you in MX2004. you can make your custom animation work with his tutorial as well.

as far as the percent? again his tut will work for you. give it a try and post what you have.

thanks a million but can you please tell me the link to the tutorial. Will this use the componect, or will it allow me to use my own movieclip as the load bar?

Mike

http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx/percentagepreloader.htm

*Originally posted by mlkedave *
**thanks a million but can you please tell me the link to the tutorial. Will this use the componect, or will it allow me to use my own movieclip as the load bar?

Mike **

well since you want a custom animation, you can make your own movieclip as loader bar, yes.

there are ways of skinning the loader component, but as far as the loader bar i don’t think you can edit that

and your welcome :bounce: