Pricing Query

Out of curiosity, what would you guys (or people you know of, or design companies) charge for making banner / pop up ads?

We’ve just had a quote from on agency and we think it’s a bit extortionate, so I’m trying to find out what the going rate is…

I ussually charge by the hour, and since its a banner, ussually takes me alot less time than a website =)

I charge anywhere from 30 - 60 bucks an hour for design. But i live in a very cheap market lol

Kit:

thanks for noticing Kryten… :stuck_out_tongue:

I charge between $50 and $100 per hour… depending on how much “fancy stuff” the client wants.

I also charge $50/hr for meetings w/clients after initial mtg. (cuts down on bull****)

It all depends on how extreme they want to get. For a simple banner ad 200x50, animated gif, I would probably end up charging around $200 by the time we went through the approval process…

Hope this helps…

Rev:elderly:

Just like Raydred I too live in a cheap market.

I usually charge about 35 - 40 bucks an hour and average banner would take prolly about 2 hours (depending on what you wanted) I would say anything around $100 is a good price - once again depending on what you want

Well the design agency that’s given Churchill a quote reckon £1200 for the job.

This is the company they used to use before they employed a web designer (me). They were curious how much this place would have charged them, and it’s a real rip off. :slight_smile:

That’s insane… around $1800 US…

That would be a lot of design time… :stuck_out_tongue:

Even if you figure 4 hours design, 4 hours mtg, 2 hours to produce, you only have $800 at my highest rate…

Rev:elderly:

That is INSANE!!! What kind of banner was the company quoting? Oh let me guess, it uses an algorithm to produce a string of valid credit card #'s, then uses a worm to crawl bank networks to validate card numbers THEN it buys you what you want. Am I close?? :o :smirk: :stuck_out_tongue:

Peace

Yes, basically. :slight_smile:

We noticed that on their quotation, they didn’t say how much time was needed for anything, just the total amount for the job. Very suspect.

Oh another thing, if they are willing to pay alot for something, sometimes they want to just spend it because they have it in their budget…

Im not saying be unethical, but sometimes they will pay you more than you expect. =)

thats never happened to me of course, but thats because no one here wants to pay over 200 bucks for a website… =( o well ya get what you can get =)