PWA vs. React Native

Two of the hottest technologies for building cross-platform apps these days are Progressive Web Apps (PWA) and React Native. If you are an app developer today, which one should you prioritize and build for? What decisions go into choosing one over the other? These are some of the more common questions I have received over the years, so I figured I'd summarize my answers in this article.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.kirupa.com/apps/pwa_vs_react_native.htm

There are few things we consider when we are going to select one of these two. React Native gives creating pretty much native applications and you required native developers for each platforms iOS and Android.
Conversely, Progressive Web App doesn’t permit for the application to be added in the app store. You must depend on website and web application users to download it. It is slightly cheaper in development as compared to Native apps.
If you have a slightly more budget and want to get an application similar like native then select React Native.