Quick Question, please help!

hey, I wanted to buy the academic version of Studio MX w/ Flash Pro. It says it’s for educational use.

I was wondering if I could use this for making a site, that has nothing to do with school or education. Would it violate the TOS?

hey, I wanted to buy the academic version of Studio MX w/ Flash Pro. It says it’s for educational use.

I was wondering if I could use this for making a site, that has nothing to do with school or education. Would it violate the TOS?

Good question.

I’m not sure, but I think just as long as the site isn’t used for commercial use then it’s alright :slight_smile:

However, to be sure you can just email this question to Macromedia :beer:

By the way what’s TOS? :crazy:

I wondered the same about TOS. I’m guessing “Terms of Service”, could be wrong.

It is a good question, and I would also suggest contacting MM. But to be honest if your not going to profit from it I wouldn’t even bother, but if your maing money then I would definatly give them a call or email.

Yes, TOS means Terms of service, do you know where I should email this question to? I’ll be sure to give you a response if and when I get it, but I do need an email to send it to. And no, I guess I’m not using it for profit if I was told that by you guys that that would probably be illeagle. I wasn’t gonna anyways, just make games and stuff for my clan on PS2. If I advertised though for my clans gear, I’m wondering about that, if I decided to sell clothes and stuff, and advertise for it with flash.

Just tell me the email man and I’ll ask them, and tell you guys. Thanks a lot. Quick responses!

You could try this email http://www.macromedia.com/support/email/cscontact/

Hopefully they can help you :slight_smile:

Yes, I know they probably can, I just don’t know who to contact by email. Any clue? I know Macromedia, but who at Macromedia do I send the email to?

I have studio mx education and I think it’s if the site’s going to have a profit or you’re making money from working for somebody, maybe I’ll break the rules the first couple of times and once I get money from the projects I’ll buy the full version ;), or maybe since my dad’s company bought it and never used it :beam: I could have it…

well, I think you can’t make any profit using the site, but I’m not sure

The academic version does not give you the licensing needed to make flash sites for profit. Strictly for educational purposes. But if your just getting into flash design, don’t worry about it. Unless you become a business and start churning out work for a good part of your income, I would just go with it. It’s much cheaper. Also, nothing wrong with a little ahem cash profit from your work.

Honestly the way I see it, so many people used cracked and bootlegged versions, I don’t see why using the EDU version would be a problem.

My 2 cents.

I don’t plan to use it for a profit. Just a game and animations and buttons for my clan on ps2. yeah, I sort of do agree with you about the hackers. So do you think it would be leagle not earning cash, but also not using it for educational reasons.

Also, would I be able to upgrade from academic for the price of a normal upgrade?

I think it’d be fine to not use for educational reason because no matter how you use it, you’ll learn something :stuck_out_tongue:

and I don’t think you can upgrade to normal from education, and I know you can’t upgrade versions like from mx to 2004.