Radio Buttons Complex problem!

Hi,

I have a bit of a problem and I was hoping for some advice and some help.

I am designing a game/demo and in this game I displaying 10 trains with carraiges in a row. Each row has 2 radio buttons one that indicates the train is going East and one that indicates West.

I have 10 examples to the left of the game, 5 facing East and 5 facing West each has different attributes as well.

The user has to guess which of the ten trains in the demo are going East and which are going West using the radio buttons. (They will all be facing one direction in the game, not the examples.)

The trains are loaded into flash dynamically using text files.

I wanted to know what is the best way of utilizing the radio buttons. I have never used them before.

1. Is it possible for me to set it up so that I can have a data file that contains the following

but1=0&but2=1&but3=1&but4=0&…but10=1&

Pass this data file to a container that contains all the radio buttons.

If radio button but1=0 then the correct choice is West and if but1=1 then the correct choice is East.

When the user has selected their 10 choices, Can I have a button at the bottom that will calculate the users choice pass them to the next ‘page’ and list the users selections next to the correct answers and say something like ‘You got 5/10!’

I do not know the action script for the above problem from 1. onwards.

I am losing sleep over this one. Any solution to my problem would be greatly appreciated. And if anyone can come up with an easier approache to the outcome I need I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

L.

Hi,

I have figured out how to list the users selection in a column next to the correct answers on page 2, e.g.

You Chose Correct Answer
East East
West East , etc

However I would like to be able to compare the answers on this page using a count and every time the users answer matches the correct answer increment the count.

Then underneamth the two columns have something like,

‘You got 2 out of 10’

And have a message say if < 5 ‘Very Poor’
> 5 ‘Well Done’

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks in advance,

L.