Scrolling Dynamically Loaded HTML?

I walked through the tuturial and got everything working. I was wondering if instead of loading a text file is it possible to load a HTML page in its place. Its seems easy enough - just replace loadText.load(“kirupa.txt”); with loadText.load(“file.html.”);. However then how would it pick up on the *“kirupatext=” *? Sorry dont know much about AS but im sure this can be done. Thanks for the help!

You have to HTML-enable your text, and then use the texthtlm property of the textbox:

text2.html = true;
text2.htmlText = "<b> this is bold text </b>";

pom :asian:

Thanks for the reply. Im a little confused on what to do and if this will do want im wanting. On the properties of my text box I have it set to the following:

-Dynamic Text
-Multiline enabled
-Render text as HTML
-put a link in the URL link field (www.yahoo.com for test)
-For the AS I cleared out everything I used in tuturial and placed in the code you posted.

I guess what im trying to simulate in flash is the iframe tag in html. So being familiar with iframe in flash im assuming the text box would remain empty and the link the content from an external HTML page. I’ll upload the soure file if it will help any…

Thanks agian for the help!!!

:slight_smile: Yes, please.

If someone has figured out how to load an html page like yahoo into a dynamic text box, I’m all ears!

I don’t believe HTML support went up much with MX over Flash 5, but I’m hoping I’m wrong. Am I wrong? If so, that alone would be worth the cost of the upgrade.

-K

Ok, Im getting closer to achieving what I set out to do.

Doing some searching on were-here.com forums learned how to get blogger to interact with a dynamic text field in Flash…This is exactly what I need…Now I have one slight problem. Everything is working – Flash pulls in the txt file created and updated by blogger, however its not rendering the HTML. Im tryign to figure out how to make it interpret the HTML. I have read about this just not sure how to get it working.

Heres the example with downloadable source file:
http://www.byis.net/text.html

If anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it…Thanks in advance!!!

loadText = new loadVars();
loadText.load("htmltexte.txt");
//creating the loadVarsText function
loadText.onLoad = function() {
	scroller.html=true;
	scroller.htmlText = this.kirupatext;
};

Works perfectly :slight_smile:

pom :asian:

Thanks pom! I swear I love this site…between the tuturials and the community on Kirupa I feel im picking up Flash in no time…

:slight_smile:

Now for the fun part – to learn AS so i understand the logic behind the code!