Serious Video Problem

Ok, thanks man :slight_smile:

Did the card at one time play these same games ok? What you described definately sounds like an overheating issue. Have you ever overclocked the card or your cpu?

I would check that your heatsink is seated properly and clean any dust from it if necessary, as well as inspect the resistors for any leakage. If that doesnt help, try leaving the case open and move some extra air through it with a fan to see if you still have the problem. If the problem is still there the card may very well be damaged since this really doesnt sound like a driver issue.

Can you post or link us to a screenshot?

Let me think ā€¦ actually, no, I donā€™t think it ever did. I never overclocked anything either.
Iā€™ll check if itā€™s overheating, thanks for the help.

Now the whole computer completely freezes when I play any of these games, the graphics donā€™t go fubar anymore. And if they did I couldnā€™t have seen it anyway. A cold reset is the only remedy, which it does automatically after freezing by the way. So Iā€™m afraid I canā€™t get you any screenshots, sorry.

If you let it sit til room temp as I mentioned, itā€™d determine if itā€™s a heat issue. It shouldnā€™t be unless youā€™ve broken something already in it.

It doesnā€™t seem to be an overheating problem. I turned off my computer at night and ran Far Cry immediately after booting in the morning, and it still stalled :confused:

Thought so, have you followed everything Iā€™ve mentioned so far?

Yup, I did everything you suggested except for placing it in another computer and testing it there. I need my computer a lot, especially now, so Iā€™m not exactly jumping to do hours of transplanting graphics card.

Hmmmm, have you tried 3D Rendering?

What do you mean ?

Doesnā€™t the computer use the graphic card for 3D rendering? Iā€™m not sure, but if so, itā€™s just another test.

Thatā€™s merely the CPU, it has to calculate all the things and thangs there are to 3D models.

Hmmm, run dxdiag and run all the tests, see if any one of them causes a problem.

None of them causes any problems.

Do you have an onboard video? If so, try using that to run OLD games that require 3D.

Yeah I have an onboard thingy ā€¦ Iā€™ll try that.

Any updates? I found an amazing website on general graphics cards: www.guru3d.com

Ask your question there, theyā€™re experts! Plus, tons to learn, I just spent a few hours overclocking my graphics card. :thumb:

Cool, Iā€™ll do that ! Thanks for the link :slight_smile:

Try and update your AMD or Intel Chipset. You can also set your Pipelines to either 0 or 4 if red is appearing. I have a Radeon 9800 pro 256 and I had to download the intel chipset off of intels website to get my 8x AGP to work. Mabye this will help =/