*sigh* When in Rome... (Stone throwing)

Hey, is your cartoon finished? ** Phil**
\r\rAlways a good question to ask an irate man. Of course, you meant well, so I won’t hold it against you.\r\rRight now I’m still working on the whole “starting” part. As I mentioned before, I recorded the audio and it had beeps every five seconds. Now I need to re-record everything over 5 seconds long and I’m now being told that I won’t be able to do that for a month unless I fix a school computer, and even when I do that a month from now I’ll have to do that after exams, which makes it far from easy to get the actors together.\r\rMeaning that I’m probably going to have to figure out a new way to get everything recorded, and I’m estimating that that means that I’ll have to wait 2 months before I’m done the audio that I should have had done about 4 or 5 months ago.\r\rAnd, please, for the love of God… Don’t ask me if I’ve done the animation yet… Because every single one of the actors and people I told that bloody thing exists asked that before I’d even done the failed version of the audio… And they didn’t think about it… And the stupidity made my head hurt… And I don’t want my head to hurt…

Hey Live-
So hows the weather in the great white north? :lol:

pj
:stuck_out_tongue:

Alright, time to update the troops…

I have a week to rerecord 124 of the 322 lines, and about 30 minutes a day to do this rerecording. So that’s no fun.

BUT, on the bright side, I have the first 6 lines handy and can work with them, so right about now I’m going to start working on the first scene. The only problem is that there’s a total of 9 lines in the first scene, so I can’t update anything on the internet for a while. And those last 3 lines together are probably longer than the first 6 combined.

Then I’m going to have to work on making the intro, which would be all well and convenient if it wasn’t for the fact that I don’t have the intro music recorded yet and really don’t know how I ever will. So I’ll probably do the intro last. Which means that “Media Player” probably won’t be added to the website for some time.

And to the website. I’m still trying to make it more exciting, have more going on, but I’m kind of conflicted. I know pretty well exactly how I’d do it - first I need to add transitions when you open up a new window, which I’ll do as soon as I get around to it, and second and more importantly I need to animate the backgrounds. Which is all well and good, but animated cartoony backgrounds are annoying. animated techno funky crap like the site of the week’s background are good, but they completely destroy and semblance of a theme that the site may possible have.

So, my question is: What’s more important? Theme or action?

And, also: Should I make the default background come up every time, or make it random?

Theme. Your site is supposed to be like an Operating System. And I have yet to see an Operating system have an animated background, or anything flashy going on…

Theme; But operating systems are boring. That was a hurdle I really couldn’t overcome except through some nifty page changes using simple but not too cheesy tweens-

Im guuna go and check it now—TTYL

pj

Well, I know that there is interactive backdrops or whatever that move for Windows… I haven’t used that many of them, and I don’t think anybody really does, but they at least USED to exist. I think it’s justifiable for me to have a moving background, at least to a certain degree. But I just don’t know what to put there. I could have psychodelic imagery and flashing static or whatever, but it would have nothing at all to do with the cartoon. Right now the only part of the website that advertises the cartoon is the backdrop, which is why it absolutely has to stay cartoony. The only problem, though, is that moving cartoon backdrops are really, really annoying. So that’s my real paradox.

Live-
You can always try the cute sherlock method of changing the backdrop. Make it ever so sublte. Each time someone come back to that screen after having visited it, make it subtley different. i.e. Like the 2nd time, the guy is wearing a lapel pin, the 3rd time a hat, the 4th time glasses, and so on, etc…Just a thawt—

pj
How often do you check your own EZ boards anyways?

Sweet merciful crap, Phil, you need an intervention. You posted all that crap, what, yesterday? Earlier today? And already you’re concerned about the fact that I haven’t checked the forums to a website that isn’t open to the general public?

For the love of God, man, there’s no law stating you have to check every forum on the internet every 5 seconds!

sigh, since you seem intent on never playing with me again no matter how cool my latest Ninja Turtle toys, I suppose I should reply here. You misunderstood, Phil. I never meant that as an insult, it’s mainly just that you really can’t get across tone of voice on a message board. I’m far from upset that you’re posting on the May 17th board. I just find it funny that every time I go 10 minutes without posting something you file a missing person report with the police.