Someone help me please!

Has anyone here made an entire webpage from Flash5? Because thats what im trying to achieve but there’s a problem. For some reason when i few my page on the browser it does take it all up. It only takes up half of the browser, centered. And i want it to take it all up like how your viewing your screen right now. I went to “publish settings”>“HTML”>“Percent = 100x100” but it’s still not working for some reason.

Im still new to this so if somebody can help me can you please explain it in step by step intructions if it’s not too much trouble… :slight_smile:

Thanks heaps guys…
Jakatta…

Sorry im meant to say it DOESN’T take up the entire browser where i wont it too…

Okay, I just tried it, and here’s what I did.

Dimensions: Percent (100 x 100)
HTML Alignment: Default
Scale: Exact Fit
Flash Alignment - Horizontal: Left Vertical: Top

That will force the flash movie to stretch to fit the majority of any browser screen. There will be a gap around the movie because flash doesn’t add the required code into the HTML body tag.

If you want to have no gap, then add this to the body tag in the HTML file

marginwidth=0 marginheight=0 leftmargin=0 rightmargin=0 topmargin=0 bottommargin=0

Is this the way your suppose to do it when you make an entire site using flash?

There is no set standard… it all depends upon the effect that you’re trying to produce.

Aaron,
Nice site. Clean, looks good!

pj
:wink:

???
what r u talking about? i need help…

lol

Well if you’ve followed my HTML publishing set up, you flash movie should stretch to fit the majority of the browser window, and then add the commands I listed into the HTML body tag which can be found near the top of a HTML file.

But honestly it will look horrible. My suggestion would be to leave space around the flash file, because otherwise text, and images will be distorted and hard to read/see.

If you’re still lost, then perhaps I’m not following your question. If so, explain it again, or give me a link to your flash file so I can see what you are on about.

Aaron,
Nice site. Clean, looks good!
Thanks. Just wish I had a database to easy my work load. The site is over 50Megs in size when all the content is added up. gulp…

OK well…

I dont have my site up as yet… But do u know the site called 2advanced.com? well that site is made up entirely from flash 5 and photoshop. But see how the site isn’t distorded? It’s not stretched or anything, just fit in the browser the way you see it on the flash stage. Thats what i wanna achieve…

Do u know how to make it fit the screen without it stretching or becoming distorded?

Jakatta…

Jakatta-
Try what Aaron told you to do; All your settings are correct; Make sure your movie fits these dimensions;
550x400. That is a helpful key. Then do as Aaron said and add this to your HTML tags;

marginwidth=0 marginheight=0 leftmargin=0 rightmargin=0 topmargin=0 bottommargin=0

This will cover you in Netscrape and Explorer as far as borderless. And if you didn’t make your movie 550x400 to start with then it is unlikely you will be able to acieve this without stretching it at some point. But if your movie is 550x400 then it should werk just fine. Hope this helped!

pj
:wink:

Ah i see, ok well yeah my movie is 550x400 so thats right, did all what aoron said. But where im having is trouble is:

Where do u place this:

When you say in your html, where? how?
Im so sorry man but im very new to this… So yeah!

Do u think you could explain this part?

jak…

When you are ready to publish your movie, make sure that both the Flash, and HTML publishing options are turned on. When you’ve published it (pressing F12), load up the .html file into notepad, or something similar, and you should see something similar to this…

// <BODY bgcolor="#FFFFFF">

Add the extra commands so it looks like

// <BODY bgcolor="#FFFFFF" marginwidth=0 marginheight=0 leftmargin=0 rightmargin=0 topmargin=0 bottommargin=0>

Hey Jak-
Did that werk for you? If you need to view a source page with this code in it, take a look at my site. You will have to search to find the HTML border near the edges but you can do it. Maybe it will help if you just see it. Just go as far to the edge of the page as possible and keep right clicking until you see the view source box come up.

[user.mc.net/~dschultz/indexb.html](http://user.mc.net/~dschultz/indexb.html)

pj
:stuck_out_tongue: