Sorry - but help needed for Flash & Search engines

[font=Times New Roman]Can someone please tell me in simple terms what is the deal with Flash & search engines.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman] [/font]

[font=Times New Roman]I have just submitted my first commissioned site to a clients ISP & the client has been on the phone to me waving her hands in the air saying that a guy at the ISP has told her that because the site was constructed in Flash it will not be picked up by any search engines.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]I have heard mumblings of this in the past & tried to read up extensively on the subject but I’m currently none the wiser.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Macromedia’s technical notes say to use “Meta tags” in the HTML file that embeds the SWF, which I have done, but everybody else, (including searched postings on this site) takes a much more doom laden & complicated view encompassing server side scripted pages & summoning up the Dark Lord of Web Bots with horrendously complicated solutions.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Simple question will my HTML embedded Meta tags work with the MX site I have constructed & if not what do I do?[/font]

Hey there, welcome to the forums. Basically, the search engines can’t read the text in the flash documents. However, they are able to read the html files that come with the swf - which is why its important to put good meta tags. take a look at this for some tips http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx/searchengines.htm

Good Luck

Insomniac

Thank you again for taking the time to reply Sir. Another diamond encrusted gold mine of a link!
:thumb: