Swf animations embended to e-mail

Hello every one does anyone know if its posible to embend a flash animation in your e-mail??
:stunned:

I guess it should work when you do your mail in html …

It is possible to put any code into an email. The ability to view it depends on the capibilities of your email client.

Email clients like lotus notes, aol, and hotmail have really crappy HTML readers.

Every time I have a client ask me about HTML email I try to steer them in the direction of text based messages. If there has to me imagery or what have you I try to convince them to provide links in the email.

Trust me, I am going through this right now at work. My boss is so excited about HTML Emails he almost wet his pants the first time he saw it and it’s all we do now. One thing about Flash is you can send it, but if the client doesnt have any active X controls enabled he/she wont see it. These have to be actived also - they arent on by default. My advince, stay away from flash in email. And when sending and HTML email make sure to include the link on the web you have stored the page originally in case all they see is a bunch of code in their inbox

first double post ever… sorry :slight_smile:

*Originally posted by SureShot *
**Trust me, I am going through this right now at work. My boss is so excited about HTML Emails he almost wet his pants the first time he saw it and it’s all we do now. One thing about Flash is you can send it, but if the client doesnt have any active X controls enabled he/she wont see it. These have to be actived also - they arent on by default. My advince, stay away from flash in email. And when sending and HTML email make sure to include the link on the web you have stored the page originally in case all they see is a bunch of code in their inbox **

The problem with that is, if you do see nothing but HTML code chances are you going to assume it was crap and delete it.

Your average user isnt going to scan through the page to find the link. I feel your pain though. I am working with this client now that is hell bent on HTML emails.

The problem with that is, if you do see nothing but HTML code chances are you going to assume it was crap and delete it.

Exactly dude. But there is no getting by it. He has recieved so many comments from clients on how much they like the emails he is getting requests for me and the other designers to start making them for them! It’s crazy… I dont think it’s smart but what do I know - I just work here :slight_smile: