Thanx Jubba...Then please help me with something

I got 13 movies in my first scene…I know how to make them appear by the tell target action…i need to know how to make them dissappear…ok…the thing is that i don’t want to make one more than one scene…i want the whole site to open in the same scene…now i need to make them disappear on any mouse release…capisci?..pom told me to use variables…but i don’t know how to make variables…that’s basically my problem…hope u understand…
8o

Hi,
Maybe I’m missing something but I think you could accomplish this by simply using:

onClipEvent (mouseUp) {
mcname._visible = false
}

That should do it.

ok, well first I’m going to take a stand, and agree with Upu’s past conviction that scenes “are bad…mmmmmkay?”

Also: you don’t need to start a new thread each time you want to post something, you can just add a reply to your previous topic, and people will check it.

Ok, heres the deal. Even the most complicated Flash Websites, or effects are only one, or maybe 2 pages at the most. There are some exceptions but we won’t get into those now. What are you creating? Ok, so I feel that scenes, unless you are doing some sort of animation, are unnecessary.

Ok, now that that is out of the way…Can you explain a little bit more clearly what you want to happen? Do you want them all to disappear at once, or do you want them to dissapear one-by-one each time the mouse button is release? Answer me, and then I can answer you. :slight_smile:

exactly…dissapear one-by-one each time the button is released…this is the deal: i’m creating an interactive magazine…my client wanted something like zoozoom.com (in fact he told me to do exactly the same thing with different colors…i had to tell him that that was illegal…)…
The thing is that i have a menu with 10 sections and i want them to open (already accomplished by the tell target action)…the thing is that i want that when you press ANY section, the ACTIVE movie go kind of visible=false…capisci?..@#%$ i’m desperate…the company i work for kinda expects a “little” (sarcastic) more than i know…i asked for the book cuz they’re going to pay for it…or them…so there’s no prob with the money…

exactly…dissapear one-by-one each time the button is released…this is the deal: i’m creating an interactive magazine…my client wanted something like zoozoom.com (in fact he told me to do exactly the same thing with different colors…i had to tell him that that was illegal…)…
The thing is that i have a menu with 10 sections and i want them to open (already accomplished by the tell target action)…the thing is that i want that when you press ANY section, the ACTIVE movie go kind of visible=false…capisci?..
@#%$ i’m desperate…the company i work for kinda expects a “little” (sarcastic) more than i know…i asked for the book cuz they’re going to pay for it…or them…so there’s no prob with the money…
i know i’m not explaining it very well but truly i don’t know any other way to say it…hope u understand…

oh and sorry for making the new topic and everything but the last time nobody answered me anymore...i kept replying and no one answered... :-(

THANX!!!

is this similar to what you want?
<embed src=“http://www10.brinkster.com/jubbaorf/help.swf” height=160 width=200></embed>

If this is what you want, then all you have to do is use the buttons to set the variable nNumber.

Button Code::

on(press){
nNumber = 2
}

MovieClip Code

onClipEvent(enterFrame){
if (_root.nNumber == 3){
_visible = 0
}else{
_visible = 1
}
}

let me know what ya think.

i see now that this isn’t what you want, but you can modify the code easily and it can be what you want (i think:| )

Button Code:::

on(press){
nNumber++
}

MovieCLip Code:::

onClipEvent (enterFrame){
if (nNumber == 4){
_visible = false
}
}

WIth this code, the movie clip that contains that code will disappear once the button is press 4 times if you have multiple buttons and you want the same reaction, just put that code on each button.

ok…now what are all those 1, 2, 3’s about?..

| |
| | _______________________________________
| |
| |
| | this is where the sections (movie clips) play
| |
| | ________________________________________
| |
menu
w/buttons

you press one of the buttons and a movie plays in the “box”…
treat me like a dumb…
i think i’m getting something…please if u can explain me the lines one by one…

All comments are in <font color=green>green</font>

on(press){
nNumber = 2 <font color=green>// this sets the variable “nNumber” to 2.</font>
}

onClipEvent(enterFrame){
if (_root.nNumber == 3){ <font color=green>//says if nNumber = 3 do the following</font>
_visible = 0 <font color=green>//0 = false</font>
}else{ <font color=green>//if nNumber is not equal to 3 do the following</font>
_visible = 1 <font color=green>//any other number = true</font>
}
}

ok…perfect…then if i have 10 buttons each button would be 2,3,4,5 (nNumber = 2, 3, 4)…consequently…?

-what is nnumber?

or nNumber is gonna be always 2…because that is a variable for all buttons so that the movie recognizes …? @#%$ i’m completly lost all of a sudden…

can i send u an email with the source?

THANX!

nNumber is just a variable. By default its value is 0. You can set the value to something else by putting nNumber = 1 in the maintimeline. But forget that. nNumber’s default value is 0 so on the buttons you have this code

on(press){
nNumber++
}

This means that everytime you press a button nNumber will increase by 1. Now on the movie Clips put the previous code and each time you press a button one will disappear, but start at if(nNumber == 1) and finish with if(nNumber ==10) and do each number in between.

ok jubba…i did what you say…it doesn’t works…it does nothing…here’s the code i did for the button…
on (release) {
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp tellTarget ("/menu") {
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp gotoAndPlay (“continue”);
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp }
}
on (release) {
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp tellTarget (“high low tide”) {
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp gotoAndPlay (“start”);
}
on (press) {
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp nNumber++;
}

and for the movie clip:

onClipEvent (enterFrame) {
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp if (_root.nNumber == 1) {
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp _visible = 0;
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp } else {
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp _visible = 1;
}

on the next movie clip i wrote nNumber == 2

is that it?..

on (release) {
tellTarget ("/menu") {
gotoAndPlay (“continue”);
}
tellTarget (“high low tide”) {
gotoAndPlay (“start”);
}
}
on (press) {
nNumber++;
}

it worked for me if you want to send me the FLA e-mail me at [email protected]

dude…the .fla is 8MB in size…i can’t send it thru the e-mail…but i can send u the swf so u have an idea of what’s the prob…or i can put the file in an ftp…u name it…Thanx again…
8o

Ok i figured out a better way…got to that link if u can…thanx!

mangrove

8o

couldn’t find the URL. I don’t know where your movieclips are in relation to the Buttons, I’m pretty sure that is the problem, but to know for sure I need to see the FLA. Why can’t you send that file? I transfer 30MB files daily…? are you using a server that limits the size? or try again with that link…its the only way I will be able to see it…sorry.

Ok…my mistake…here’s the link:

mangrove

sorry i typed the wrong address…i’m sure there’s the file…Thanx a lot…

Oh and the buttons that work are just: high Low Tide and sonidos del mangle…it’s one after the other…sorry…another mistake
THANX, thanx, thanx a lot…
8o

URL not found.

BUt I got it, i’ll take a look.

Ok here ya go. IN the movieclip that contains the graphic, that contains the buttons…change the graphic to a movieclip and give it an instance name. then on the MovieClips that you want to disappear put

if(_root.menu.submenu.nNumber == #)

where submenu is the name of the Movie Clip inside of the main menu Movie Clip, and # is the number that corresponds to the button pressed…it worked for me.