The Death (or at least Demise) of MM Generator and Flash?

Hello…

I’m a casual Flasher using Flash 5 (yes, I know this is the MX forum - hold on). There are pages on a site I’ve developed for a fantasy football league that I’d like to be able to update in real time using Generator templates and simple text files. These are very simple scoreboard and statistics pages, certainly not huge or complex. Went searching around for a Generator host and learned (if I understood it correctly) that MM is phasing out Generator altogether. Hmmm…

So my question is: Does Flash MX allow creation of this sort of thing, real-time updating? Is it the same process as in Flash 5 or is it easier in MX? I didn’t see anything on the official MM site that answered the question. I’ve had good luck here at Kirupa’s in the past and thought I’d come back for some insight from folks in the know.

Thanks…

MX offers tons more scalablity, the XML support is wicked now. Its possible to update a site using php/xml on the fly, without needing ftp access or anything like that. With MX, I’m able to logon in my site and add a news post from anywhere in the world (assuming I have internet and flash).