The Grand List Of RPG Clichés

And when they say grand list they don’t mess about. I actually read all of them. Funny stuff right there. It not like you guys have other things to do :wink:
http://project-apollo.net/text/rpg.html

Whahahaha awesome… Garrett’s Principle is sooooo true :stuck_out_tongue:

The Higher The Hair, The Closer To God (Cloud Rule):

The more outrageous his hairstyle, the more important a male character is to the story.

:P:P

I’m gonna move this to Computer/Games if you don’t mind :wink:

whoops, never thought of moving it here :blush:

Just Nod Your Head And Smile
And no matter how big that big-*** sword is, you won’t stand out in a crowd. Nobody ever crosses the street to avoid you or seems to be especially shocked or alarmed when a heavily armed gang bursts into their house during dinner, rummages through their posessions, and demands to know if they’ve seen a black-caped man. People can get used to anything, apparently.

Wait! That Was A Load-Bearing Boss!
Defeating a dungeon’s boss creature will frequently cause the dungeon to collapse, which is nonsensical but does make for thrilling escape scenes.

Perversity Principle
If you’re unsure about what to do next, ask all the townspeople nearby. They will either all strongly urge you to do something, in which case you must immediately go out and do that thing, or else they will all strongly warn you against doing something, in which case you must immediately go out and do that thing.

Law of Scientific Gratification
If the hero needs a new invention to progress, he will find out that somewhere in the world someone has spent his or her entire life perfecting this invention, and usually just needs one more key item located in a monster-infested dungeon before it is completed.

Gender Equality, Part 1 (Feena Rule)
Your average female RPG character carries a variety of deadly weapons and can effortlessly hack or magic her way through armies of monsters, killer cyborgs, and mutated boss creatures without breaking a sweat. She may be an accomplished ninja, a superpowered secret agent, or the world’s greatest adventurer. However, if one of the game’s villains manages to sneak up and grab her by the Standard Female Character Grab Area (her upper arm) she will be rendered utterly helpless until rescued by the hero.

Some of my favorites.

That was great. :thumb:

LOL! These are awesome!

Nice find biscuit!

I didn’t think that was the Standard Female Character Grab Area…

This one’s my favourite:

The Moral Of The Story (Ghaleon Rule)
Every problem in the universe can be solved by finding the right long-haired prettyboy and beating the crap out of him.

Thats is awesome and they are all so true