The iPhone Setup Experience is Nice...and Simple!

I had to setup a new iPhone today for work, and I always keep forgetting how nice and simple getting a new device up and running is. It’s one of those things that I have no idea how exactly all of the various pieces involved work, and that’s OK.

:mage:

They are one of very few companies that place the User first. I wish Microsoft could also do something similar. Microsoft give you a lot of freedom and options but Apple thinks about the User a lot more than options and freedom :slight_smile:

The thing that always surprises me (in a good way) is the animated blue spherical circles that is part of the pairing the two iPhones step. Apple could have easily just thrown up a QR code, but that they went this fun/cool route speaks a lot to their culture that allows for things like this to be prioritized in the first place :stuck_out_tongue:

Perhaps they do important choices’ based on ux research first?

I’m still using iPhone SE, I don’t want to buy a bigger model.

I wonder if you reset your phone and go through setup one more time, the SE might show the same setup experience as well :sunglasses:

I just bought an apple watch. It had just the same setup to join the watch with your iphone. Awesome stuff.

1 Like

I upgraded to a new IPAD mini and the transfer over from my old IPAD was just as smooth as this. I just had to place the new mini on top of the old one to have all of my data transferred over. It was truly a simple and pain free experience.

1 Like

This is the first time I got to see the data transfer myself, Reb! It is really nice :grinning:

Since when is this possible? I’ve always had to wait 14 days for the phone to download everything from iCloud. And it inevitably missed things which requires another 14 days to try and find a solution before because Apple gives you almost zero control of the operating system or your own data.

I don’t know when it became possible, but this is the first time I’ve seen it. I should also mention that I’m not the most prolific upgrader to the latest iOS devices :older_adult: Maybe @krilnon knows :stuck_out_tongue:

iOS 12.4.

1 Like