The Matrix Reloaded - explained

First of all, I know there’s another Matrix 2 thread in the forum, but this isn’t another “I loved/hated the movie” review. It’s an attempt to provide some explanations and/or interpretations to those who didn’t get Reloaded. In fact, I believe nobody gets it completely because of the very open ending, but here’s a try anyway.
I found a very intresting thread on another forum that will guaranteed make you think about it:

http://www.cavola.co.uk/forums/…

A lot of people have very good points. The thread contains a lot of pages and a lot of text in each post, but it’s worth checking out if you’re really intrested. Makes you confused too. :hangover:

Enjoy. =)

[SIZE=1]PS to mods: feel free to attach this thread to the other one if you can’t really see the difference between the two topics. :)[/SIZE]

I say keep this thread seperate, I am curious. . . .

from what ive heard and read i think the “real world” is actually another matrix so theres really 2 matrixes i will tell you what i think when i see it tomorrow since it comes to theaters tomorrow here in Puerto Rico :frowning:

personaly I think that theory is a load of crap. It is hardly worthy of the Worshowski brothers. I’m still reading this posted thread, but so far I see very little that has impressed me about their theories… but the matrix within a matrix is hardly the only answer.

I’ll have thoughts to post on this subject once I see the movie a second time.

One side of me wants to believe the sub-matrix theory, but another side wants me to have Neo be a real super-hero type person. Both ideas have a lot of potential. I’m goin to see it again of Friday… then I’ll have some good ideas

guys think about it.

How could you destroy the matrix by just deleting some software?
It would appear that you would have to destroy the real life “machinery” in order to do that. The architect, while shedding some light was a bunch of crap. If nothing else it made Neo question reality even further taking his powers to Zion.

I have thought about the 2 matrices thing; but it would appear that Neo would have to get to the source in the real world in order to destroy the matrix without deleting a bunch of people.

Their practice programs (dojo scene from 1) was loaded from the computer onboard the ship. So that means the matrix is loaded from a physical machine network. Shut that down; and you got it. Perhaps the architect is just a representation of the actual parent machine.

All kinds of thoughts eh?
The way this is going probably no one is right lol.

I think we need to wait for the next movie…

yeah…

thats… it…

wait…

I CANT!!

nice smilie Sen :slight_smile: hahaha

*Originally posted by prstudio *
**guys think about it.

How could you destroy the matrix by just deleting some software?
It would appear that you would have to destroy the real life “machinery” in order to do that. The architect, while shedding some light was a bunch of crap. If nothing else it made Neo question reality even further taking his powers to Zion.

I have thought about the 2 matrices thing; but it would appear that Neo would have to get to the source in the real world in order to destroy the matrix without deleting a bunch of people.

Their practice programs (dojo scene from 1) was loaded from the computer onboard the ship. So that means the matrix is loaded from a physical machine network. Shut that down; and you got it. Perhaps the architect is just a representation of the actual parent machine.

All kinds of thoughts eh?
The way this is going probably no one is right lol. **

My toughts:

Neo was never meant to destroy the matrix… neo is a program made to restart the matrix.

the thing is: the matrix get overloaded from time to time, acumulating a lot of junk (viruses - rebel programs and etc…) and they need a program (neo) that thinks being a human, guided by all sorts of other programs (oracle) to a false goal that appear to save the human kind, but really is restarting (rebooting) thje matrix.
Zion is a false reality made to trick ppl, that don´t belive in the first layer of matrix, giving them new false purposes in life.

Ag. Smith was a controlling program, but after mixing his source code with neo´s, he got freedom. That freedom is complete understanding on Neo´s purpose in the matrix, and like all others rebeled programs, he wants to prevent Neo from rebooting the matrix in order to remain ‘alive’, or else he is deleted.

and so much more…

who can you not understand it? i am 16 and i get it.

the story: humans built machines but did not care for them so they rised up to form the own city 01 (animatrix).

the the humans feared the robots as the had become stonger and self dependent but there energy resource came from the sun so the humans blacked the skys (matrix 1)

the the robots created a world to control the hums buy plugin them into a computer making there brains think there alive but there not really.

but some people are not plugin to the matrix they are free (like neo and co.)

so really the WAR that started back when humans ruled the world is still going on but to control humans there plug into a computer (this is to stop them attacking the machines and provide power)

so neo and .co are trying to free the humans so the machine can’t servive.

get it:-\

lol chris… did you watch the movie? :slight_smile:
you’re talking about stuff that happens in the first film…
you might notice that the new movie actually builds upon that and raises some totally new questions… which you didn’t refer to in the slightest… you might note that no one is querying the story behind the first one. because it’s clear as day… until the second film…

“I’m 16 and I get it” :-\

I think you probably have to watch it a good few times to get to grips with it. And even then you’ll need the third one to explain it.

Though I wouldn’t put it past them to leave a few loose ends and unexplained questions… :slight_smile:

gah! you’re here!

:wink:

thats about it chris :slight_smile: but there are some theories going around that it just may be more complex than that :!: I think it all lies IN THE NEXT (LAST) MOVIE. We just need to wait.

Actually thats a pain because I cant wait and its fun to banter about it.

Here are some things Ive thought of

• Neo is a program

• Merovingian was the Neo #1

• The real world is the 6th matrix, all systems within themselves (hierarchically leveled)

• The architect lied only telling Neo what he needed to hear so he would make the choice he did.

• The Matrix will not be destroyed since, if it is, man will be along with it.

something to think about. Im not 100% on any of these by any means, just things that have come to mind in my ponderings over it all.

i have seen the reloaded film but was just talking about the first one.

what part of the second one is it every one is stuck on.

ok i didnt really read much after my post, but i saw the best explanation yet…and after reading all this crap on the internet…it really does come down to “I’m (insert age here) and I get it.”

^ I love that LOL

*Originally posted by chris9902 *
**i have seen the reloaded film but was just talking about the first one.

what part of the second one is it every one is stuck on. **
In which case, I’ll rephrase my original post:

“lol chris… did you read the thread?”

:-\

*Originally posted by senocular *

• The Matrix will not be destroyed since, if it is, man will be along with it.

you got some good points in the post. exept this last one. If you sat through the credits and watched the trailer of matrix - revolutions (3rd movie) you could see one of those battery pylons crashing (one of those things neo was connected to in the first movie) + there was a flash of a scene where neo was fighting the original smith programme, when looking at this scene the matrix seemed really unstable. So the matrix as we know it from the first movie does become unstable and will crash. How this fits in the matrix in matrix thing i don’t know.

Merovingian the first neo… this part i like… if you put some thought in it, it would explain why persephone wanted neo to kiss her. Lol maybe it would explain too why merovingian can make such good dessert :wink:

Probly the 3rd movie will get a huge twist again similar to neo meeting the architect. Anyway… regardless of what many ppl say… i liked this movie, the whole twist the matrix idea gets when he meets the architect was really cool.

Lot’s of questions, even more possible answers. guess the only ones who know the real answers are the guys who wrote the story :)… gonna play the matrix game as soon as i can maybe this will shed some more light on the situation