The New Kid On The Block Want to know

Hello,

I’m a DJ/Producer from NYC’s hip hop scene. I recently signed up for classes in Flash, Dreamweaver, Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop at Career Center so I can learn how to design and build my own site and shoot, design and edit my own music videos for my independent record label. My goal like anyone else in NY’s hip hop community is to sell enough units on my own to attract a major label. Being that I have learned a lot of Photoshop techniques on the web I feel confident in my abilities to do it all.

Lately I’ve come across other music producers who are also learning design and I was wondering if there any other musicians out there who design or any designers who make music.

I’d really like to know what your goals are and what your creative process is and how you feel about each creative discipline. I would also like to know if you think the Do It Yourself attitude is a trend or a necessity in today’s economy.

welcome. Hope you succeed on your business ventures. The resident musician/web designer would be thoriphes (though he’s probably got exams this week, so might be a bad time to contact him). Make sure to reply up above to the where you are from and welcome threads.