Thinking About Traveling to Australia

So, I’ve got some vacation time coming up this spring, and I’ve been thinking about going to Australia… I know there’s a few Aussies on this forum, so I thought I’d get some input from the locals! :beer:

I was wondering what the best seasons to visit are there. Obviously, sunshine would be good, but being a mountain boy, I don’t like sweltering heat. I was kind of thinking about an April/May trip, but I want to hear what you guys have to say.

Is there anywhere I should definitely visit there? I’m into just about everything… art, music, sports, outdoors, science… but I’d really like to see some environment and culture for sure. Also, girls with Australian accents are insanely cute, I must say. Suggestions?

I’m thinking about a 2-week trip, and hopefully having $3,000 - $5,000 (USD) to spend on it. Does that seem about right, cost-wise? I’m also interested in hopping over to New Zealand as well - is that easy enough to do?

Any general thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as well. Thanks guys!

:beer: