Tutorial Suggestions?

If anyone has any ideas on what new tutorials should be featured on this site, post away here. Topics can be about anything that you would be interested in seeing written about on this site!

Cheers,
Kirupa

MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX MX

XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML XML
pom 0]

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
pom :lol:

I would love to see a tutorial on integrating Flash an Photoshop. I know some people (such as Kirupa) do not use Photoshop but I think It’d be safe to say the vast majority of designers do…it’s just newbys like me that always have the one word question…“how?” I find my self asking that question at least 15 times a day. And then theres just those certain sites which I find my self visiting back to at least every other day such as 2advanced.com and I simply ask my self…“how the #$%& do they do that?!” So…I wish someone out there would write a tutorial on how to cleverly combine the power of both programs…maybe this will give Kirupa a reason to go out and get a copy of photoshop :slight_smile:
-Vibe

I freak out whenever I see the new things that appear in the Actions panel. I’m sure it would take a trillion tutorial to cover everything, but it would be a good idea to show how the new functions and properties work.

pom 0]

How about trying to put ones resume in flash.

I would love to see a tutorial on integrating Flash an Photoshop. I know some people (such as Kirupa) do not use Photoshop but I think It’d be safe to say the vast majority of designers do…it’s just newbys like me that always have the one word question…“how?” I find my self asking that question at least 15 times a day. And then theres just those certain sites which I find my self visiting back to at least every other day such as 2advanced.com and I simply ask my self…“how the #$%& do they do that?!” So…I wish someone out there would write a tutorial on how to cleverly combine the power of both programs…maybe this will give Kirupa a reason to go out and get a copy of photoshop :slight_smile:
-Vibe

What exactly would you like to know how to do? (I was thinkin’ about putting together some tuts…)

~lafunk~
(aka photoshop guru)

Hmm you pose a good question. Well I see so many sites that use graffix that I know were NOT made in flash…for instance www.2advanced.com <–perhaps tutorials on not so much integration, but how to make graffix especially aimed for use in a flash interface. I know my question might’ve been too broad but I have photoshop etc. and I’d like to know how to harness it’s power so that I can make sites in Flash better. Well come to think of it integration wasn’t a bad choice of words because it would be nice to how to make something in photoshop (such as a button etc.) and put it into flash.
-vibe

Hey Lafunk, do you have stuff online ?? I’d love to see it.

pom 0]

ilyaslamasse,

I’m working on getting on-line… I’ve been out of the loop for about a year. (I had a baby… which takes up most of your time!) But I’m working full time now under contract as a multi-media technician (oooo, job title) and hopefully will have some of my own work up soon… I’ll keep you guys posted!

I was also thinking about doing a tutorial (because at Flashkit these questions come up a lot) integrating 3dStudio Max (which I’m also a “guru” in), Photoshop and Flash…

Would that be of interest?

I don’t think many people own 3DMax here, so I don’t think we’re gonna be able to do the tute. I don’t know, as you wish.

pom 0]

Hey Lafunk, how is it going ? Concerning that 3DSMax tutes, I think a friend of mine is gonna buy it (or ‘get’ it, I don’t know…) so if you do choose to make a tutorial, you’ll have at least one person to talk to :lol:

pom 0]

3D STUDIO MAX 4.2 PLEASE!!! :wink:

-Dan :expressionless:

I don’t know much about 3D Studio Max, but if anyone is willing to contribute tutorials for that, I will create a custom section kind of like Flash 5, Flash MX, etc. just for 3D Studio Max!

btw: I’m working on a tutorial about the text captions that appear when you hover over some links :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Kirupa

And I’m working on listeners and dynamic loading with MX.
The more I use it, the more I love it :stuck_out_tongue:

pom 0]

Btw, Kir, did you get the buttonClip tutorial ??

Oops, sorry pom, I forgot to notice it. I didn’t know it was attached with the spring prototype tutorial :slight_smile: Sorry about that! I’ll get this one as well as the Flash 5 Drawing tutorial up ASAP.

BTW: Your drawboard tutorial is the best tutorial I have ever seen on the net. I’ve spent a lot of time simply drawing pictures in it: www.kirupa.com/temp/pom_image.png (I was bored hehe)

Cheers,
Kirupa

Thanks Kir, I appreciate that.
And it’s a nice drawing (tell me you’re using a WaCOM…)

pom 0]

Btw, no no no, the buttonClip tut is attached to nothing at all. Just MX, man, just MX…