Typing Effect with Scroll Bar

Need help…\r\rJubba, I saw the tutorial for the typing effect of Text. I just want a little enhancement. Do you know how to add a scrollbar in case the text overflowed to the bounds of the supposedly text field?\r\rThanks in advance.

Well, there is no Text Field with that effect. The effect creates different Movie Clips and places them on the stage. Someone else might have something. I will try to come up with something also. \r\rOK i tried the only way I could think of and it didn’t work. Maybe someone else can come up with something, but I can’t figure out a way. What I tried to do was copy the frames on the mainstage and put them in a Movie Clip. Then just change the reference points and everything to account for the Movie Clip instead of the mainstage. However, the only thing it would do was create the same letter over and over again, in the same spot until it was finished duplicating all the clips. So that didn’t work. But I just thought of something else…let me give that a shot.\r\rSometimes I marvel at my own stupidity. I don’t know why I didn’t think of this sooner. Ok, you can create the scroller, but you should…oh, wait. Let me create a sample file for you :slight_smile: I’ll have it up in a few minutes. I’m havin a bit of trouble with the actual scroll"bar" but you can have buttons that move the text. The scroller i can’t get to work. Let me know if just buttons are ok.

Click here. IT will take you to the FLA and the SWF but you have to wait for the text to animate before the buttons will work on the SWF. Everything is explained in the FLA.\r\rwww10.brinkster.com/jubba…oller.html

Where did you go!? Is this what you wanted?! I must know if I helped you! I MUST KNoOoOoOoOoOooOoOoOooOooooooooooo!!!

It’s bugging, Jubby. When the scroller reaches the top end, the text continues to go up if you click.\r\rpom 0]

I know i didn’t account for that, but a simple if statement will fix it. if analeda needs help with that, then I am here. Back off Frenchie!! :lol: :lol: :rollin:

OK, why can’t you use the scroller while the letters are coming ? :rollin: \r\rpom 0]

because I used ii as the variable in the for statement on the buttons. I’m pretty sure if you used something else (such as jj) then it would work fine, but I didn’t do too much with that effect because I wasn’t sure if that was what they wanted! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

By the way, I can’t understand that sentence by Freud. Care to explain a little bit to a poor tired Phrenchman ?\r\rpom 0]

There are 3 components to the inner individual: 2 have to deal with the inner self’s interaction with the exterior world (these are the “id” and the “ego”), the exterior one is the superego.\r\rThe superego is supposed to stay separate from the “id” and the “ego”. There is only one exception where the “ego” and “superego” can join, and not result in a neurosis (a unhealthy mental state). This exception is being in love; where the object of the exterior “superego” is the one you love, with whom you wish to literally join: both physically and mentally.\r\r\rDoes this make sense to you? My girlfriend gave me the quote, and she just explained it to me.

What do you mean exterior ?? Exterior to what ?\r\rpom 0]

exterior self.

Which is… ??\rpom 0]

change the first paragraph. \r\rthere are 3 components: two pertain to the inner self (id and ego) and one to the exterior self ( superego)\r\rSuperego is the interaction of the inner with the external world and its stimuli\r\rId and Ego are just natural born instincts.

Thanks. I was never that good at philosophy and psychology.\r\rpom 0]

me either. My girlfriend was reading a Freud book for one of her Psyc classes, and that quote seemed long enough to display the text effect.

Jubba, i got it!\r\rWanna see it? How do i transfer the .FLA file to you so you could check?

e-mail it to [email protected]\r\rPOM: I couldn’t get it to scroll correctly unless all of the MCs are displayed cuz it would only scroll the MCs that were on the screen…maybe if I alter the code…hmmmm…thanks pom! Now you got me thinking and my head can’t take it!!\r\rAHAHAHAAH I GOT IT!!! AHAHAHAHA!!! Thank you pom. I’ll post the SWF in a few minutes\r\r<embed src=“http://www10.brinkster.com/jubbaorf/flashFlas/scroller_Text.swf” height=400 width=420></embed>\r\r\rYes, Pom, I know that it still bugs because it doesn’t stop scrolling, but I didn’t fix that cuz I didn’t care about it! :b

Nice ! :smiley: \r\rpom 0]

i think so :slight_smile: