Urgent Help

hello everyone… just found this forum and i must say you do excellent job here…

A big HI from greece to all of you…

I need some urgent help if that is possible…

I want to make 2 flash files which will be used localy on my computer not on the internet…

1. One flash file with a form, 20 or so input text fields in the form and save that variables in a text file, i have that done but i can’t save the file localy…

2. In the second flash… i want a first screen with up to 6 drop down menus which reads the contents of that txt file as records,

or

reading the txt files in the directory displaying their names if i make the first script to write input session(20 fields) in different files everytime, using one of the fields as the text filename.

After selecting those 6 files or records if we speak of one txt file and pressing the continue button i want the retrieved variables of those 6 records or files to be displayed on a form which is allready done and working, the first record set of variables of the first txt file on the first screen. Then by pressing the right arrow button to display the second record set of variables… and so on.

Is that possible to be done??

If anyone can help it would be just perfect…

Thnx again and sorry about my english…

With respect,
Subbie

I have searched a lot on the web… about saving variables on a txt, or loading .txt files multiple or just one file… but i can’t find a way out!!!

I 'm stuck at this point many days now, to deside searching for a forum to have an opinion…

I 'll be waiting for an answer and a hand of help… even if that is a “yes” or “no” about the way if such a script can be done or not…

thnx in advance ppl…

with respect,
Subbie!!

what you want to do is not easy, it will require a lot of scripting and work. the key to start is to study the Shared Objects feature of flash mx. this i think is the only way to do what you need. so look for documentations on shared objects and try to understand how they work.

if i get some time, i will try to send you a small example of what i think ur trying to do. but ur better of trying to learn it ur self.

so shared objects is the key.

good luck.

Well, there’s a tute about SO on this site…

pom :slight_smile:

so u think that (SO) IS the key to making his forms… thats what i think, and i’d like to know if u think so 2.