Viking movie

Hey, i always see peope making those movies about the cikings or the othe rcharacters such as in http://www.galliadesign.com/ flash intro and stuff like that… how is it you can make animations like that?

I’ve been trying to figure it out and look at tutorials and stuff… but all i can find is how to make a stupid circle go from the right side of my screen to the left lol…

could any1 please help me with this???

i’m abviously new to this so i’m not looking to make somethign complex… how about could anybody shoe me how to make them just wave??
or talk?

Well, I’ve made a few cartoons, and once you get the hang of them they aren’t too bad. I will say now though that it is a time consuming process.

The way I did it was to first of all, sit down and work out what images I needed - characters, backgrounds, objects etc. Then I drew them. On paper, that is. Once I’d got them all together, I could scan these doodles and import them into Flash. I traced over them and coloured them in, then deleted the imported gifs.

Then I figured, if we want these characters to move and talk, then they have to be divided up a bit. So I separated things like eyes, mouth and hands and them into their own symbols. I also drew some different poses and positions for each of these objects. Things like mouth open, closed, surprised looking… That kind of thing.

Once I’d got all the images together that I needed, I made some small movie clips of what were going to be common actions, such as talking. So for each persons’ mouth, I made a small, roughly 5 frame loop of all his / her mouth positions. When you run that, it looks like they’re talking.

Any transitions that need to be made, like fading backgrounds in or out, I made movie clips for as well.

Then it was simply a case of making a whole new movie clip per scene of the cartoon. Layers for scripting, backgrounds, characters, sound (if applicable). Put them all together with a final few bits of scripting, and you have a finished cartoon.

So that’s how I did it. It is a lengthy process, but well worth it when you see your finished animation.

Well, first off all you gotta know how to draw - can you? That’s all to it! You have to know how to draw! The other thing is frame by frame animation - you draw each movement - there’s no other way with movies like this one…
Ciao

*Originally posted by Kitiara *
**Well, I’ve made a few cartoons, and once you get the hang of them they aren’t too bad. I will say now though that it is a time consuming process.

The way I did it was to first of all, sit down and work out what images I needed - characters, backgrounds, objects etc. Then I drew them. On paper, that is. Once I’d got them all together, I could scan these doodles and import them into Flash. I traced over them and coloured them in, then deleted the imported gifs.

Then I figured, if we want these characters to move and talk, then they have to be divided up a bit. So I separated things like eyes, mouth and hands and them into their own symbols. I also drew some different poses and positions for each of these objects. Things like mouth open, closed, surprised looking… That kind of thing.

Once I’d got all the images together that I needed, I made some small movie clips of what were going to be common actions, such as talking. So for each persons’ mouth, I made a small, roughly 5 frame loop of all his / her mouth positions. When you run that, it looks like they’re talking.

Any transitions that need to be made, like fading backgrounds in or out, I made movie clips for as well.

Then it was simply a case of making a whole new movie clip per scene of the cartoon. Layers for scripting, backgrounds, characters, sound (if applicable). Put them all together with a final few bits of scripting, and you have a finished cartoon.

So that’s how I did it. It is a lengthy process, but well worth it when you see your finished animation. **

hhmm… ok thansk alot this was very helpfun… thanks alotman…

Well, first off all you gotta know how to draw - can you? That’s all to it! You have to know how to draw! The other thing is frame by frame animation - you draw each movement - there’s no other way with movies like this one…

sigh here inlies the problem… i’m bad at drawing… its a shame… lol