What is a good program to make an .mp3 Smaller?

What is a good program to make an .mp3 of 3,5 MB Smaller?

Andreas

I dont know of any programs that encode/compress an mp3 down even smaller. You can do a few things, reduce the bit rate and stuff like that, however quality is sacraficed.

I believe you really cant shrink an MP3 down further, because itself is compressed, and you cant compress a file thats compressed (well you can but ultimatly the file size remains the same)… What’ i’d do is, if you want to use a song in a flash movie, try to cut a piece of it out, and loop that small piece. ( you might have to do some work to make it sound right) but that’ll save you some space. Rather it being 3.5mb you take a chunk of it thats like 100k or less etc…

Ive done it with the original Elvis’ Song “A little less conversation” but it took me a while to clean the audio so that it looped good and vocals removed and sounding ok. =)
It can be done! =)

Microsoft’s Windows Media Encoder is good if you want to reduce the bitrate of an MP3 file. Are you interested in that? You will lose quality by doing that though :frowning:

Cheers!
Kirupa :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks for that, just tried and it worked i got it down from 4,5 to 1,5 and the quality is still alright… (not bad:-\ )

Thanks for all the replies.

Andreas

what did you use to reduce it?
Windows Media Encoder or What :q:

I put the rate down fromit was 160 kbps (4,5 MB) and i put it down to 64kbps, mono (now it’s 1.5 mb) it will do for my Mp3 player…

And the program i used was iTunes this has an build in program to Encode an Mp3…

Thanx again for your fast reactions,

Andreas

Here
http://www.rz.uni-frankfurt.de/~pesch/
is the perfect software (FREE) to cut your mp3’s if you just want a piece out of it!
Hope that helps.