What should be done to Saddam now?

Now that one of the most wanted guy is caught, what will be his fate. What r they gonna do to him. I would defintely not want to see him in a prison, for some laden guy would hijack an aircraft or something and ask to release this guy, else they would kill all the people aboard. I think he should be tried as soon as possible and given the maximum punishment. Any ways they r issuing death sentence to guys who have killed a girl or a kid. This guy has done it more than often and killed god knows how many… I personally feel he should havebeen left in that dungeon to be dead with no food or water. He deserves it…

you guys are silly…

Bring back the guillotine, and make it public in the streets of Iraq…

Put him right here: http://www.sandiegozoo.org/pandas/pandacam/index.html The pandas haven’t been doing much the past few days. I think they could use the company :rambo:

*Originally posted by Jasninder *
**Not to sound mean or a party pooper here but i’d like to see justice done here, if america (bush) cannot prove him guilty then bush deserves same punishment as he’s responsible for thousands of war victims and soilders from both sides.

Even if you watch the news, I’m not sure there is a clear reason we attacked Iraq… It was because they were a threat to our way of life… They had weapons of mass destruction… We were liberating oppressed people… Payback for 9/11… ?

I agree about the WMD. Bush said he had them… so let’s see them. I would like to see Bush stand trial for the war.

P.S.
I can understand why you would wish to have Saddam tortured, but you are all joking right? It’s just I’ve heard that response from soo many people… some form of torture.

He deserves a fair and equal trial and punishment.

They ought to kill him in the same way a certain king of England was killed: Edward II

If you don’t already know under what circumstances he died, then a quick Google for “Edward red hot poker rectum” ought to do the trick.

Need I say any more? :stuck_out_tongue:

*Originally posted by kirupa *
**Put him right here: http://www.sandiegozoo.org/pandas/pandacam/index.html The pandas haven’t been doing much the past few days. I think they could use the company :rambo: **

lol, kirupa, i didn’t know you were a fan of animal cruelty… rotflmao :wink:

*Originally posted by EthanM *
**Even if you watch the news, I’m not sure there is a clear reason we attacked Iraq… It was because they were a threat to our way of life… They had weapons of mass destruction… We were liberating oppressed people… Payback for 9/11… ?

I agree about the WMD. Bush said he had them… so let’s see them. I would like to see Bush stand trial for the war.

P.S.
I can understand why you would wish to have Saddam tortured, but you are all joking right? It’s just I’ve heard that response from soo many people… some form of torture.

He deserves a fair and equal trial and punishment. **

Bush didn’t kill his own people (well on purpose). Saddam used weapons of mass destruction before (deadly chemical agents). But I also think it was a pesonal vendetta. Bush Jr. is trying to clean up some daddy’s bad memories. As for joking about torture, well…nevermind, no comment.

*Originally posted by norie *
Bush didn’t kill his own people (well on purpose).

He sent them to war. That is pretty intentional to me.

Now I would like to see the evidence he had in making that decision to send them.

Kill him QUICK…And wait for the next “bad guy”…
Somebody will try to get him out…

*Originally posted by EthanM *
**He sent them to war. That is pretty intentional to me.

Now I would like to see the evidence he had in making that decision to send them. **

Following that train of thought, it would mean that the dispatchers who send police and firemen to dangerous situations are also potentially murderers? :thumb:

*Originally posted by kirupa *
**Following that train of thought, it would mean that the dispatchers who send police and firemen to dangerous situations are also potentially murderers? :thumb: **

I can see your point, but the situation is slightly different. I don’t think fireman and soldiers are analagous. Soldiers kill, that is there primary function. Fireman save.

And if it was a possiblity that the dispatcher set a huge fire in a wharehouse then called the fireman there without reason that the fire was putting anything else in danger; then yes I would agree with you.

True, but the soldiers aren’t drafted. Almost all are there voluntarily :rock:

I’m not sure what point that makes? There is also a large number of volunteer firefighters.

That means they choose to be in the line of fire. They aren’t being arm twisted by anyone to go and defend their country or communities. Soldiers have various other functions - similar to policemen. Not all soldiers are designed to kill :cowboy:

I think it would be fair to assume most modern US soldiers volunteer because they believe they will called upon to defend their country and the rights and morals they believe in, they do not sign up as a rule sign up to be used in a war which was about money and poltical manuevering, in short they do not agree to risk their lives on the whim of corrupt politicians.

And Ethan i was joking about the torture of course we must try him fairly or we are no better than he was.

*Originally posted by ave *
**I think it would be fair to assume most modern US soldiers volunteer because they believe they will called upon to defend their country and the rights and morals they believe in, they do not sign up as a rule sign up to be used in a war which was about money and poltical manuevering, in short they do not agree to risk their lives on the whim of corrupt politicians.

I also think it would be fair to assume that a majority of soldiers sign up because they want the GI bill to go to school and or they don’t feel like they have any other opportinities for them other than to enlist.

And yes they volunteer for service, but that doesn’t mean they have a choice once in to go to war or not. They sign over their freedom when they sign the enlistment papers.

I also think it would be fair to assume that a majority of soldiers sign up because they want the GI bill to go to school and or they don’t feel like they have any other opportinities for them other than to enlist.

good point well made.

I think we should forgive Saddam for his sins against humanity. Also we should forget all the bad things that happened. It’s Christmas… a time for peace and forgiveness… let’s be merciful and release the poor man! :stuck_out_tongue: