Where to get help with vaio problem

I am not a regular of any tech sites of computer hardware. I am looking for sites with message boards similar to this one that focus on computer repair. I found www.techspot.com, but no one answered my post there. Any help would be appreciated.

And, if anyone here is handy with the hardware aspect, here’s my problem…

I have a Sony Vaio V505 laptop. When plugged in the AC adapter cord lights up like it is getting power. However, I think that the connection inside the laptop is bad, because the battery eventually died and now I can’t get it to turn on. I bought another AC cord to make sure the cord itself wasn’t the problem. I tried to research this problem, but wasn’t sure what to search for. From what I could find it seems like the connection inside needs to be fixed. I can’t even figure out how to get the back of the laptop off, though. Is this something that I should be able to fix myself? I really don’t have the money to ship it off to Sony[url=“http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic34635.html#”] to be fixed since it is about 6 months over warranty. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.