Which Text Color do you Prefer

Hey everyone (and Phil),
I need your opinions on which text color for the home page animation works better. In a few days, I’ll change the text color to reflect the results of this poll!

Cheers!
Kirupa :cyclops:

well it was kinda hard, the green and red one is more festive and appropriate since it’s the holidays, but the yellow and white one matches your site. But I went for the red and green one. =)

Yeah, that’s the problem I was having as well. Btw, you have a really cool website!

Cheers!
Kirupa <:}

goodness, I got a compliment from the all mighty Kirupa, I must save this thread!! haha thanks!! :stuck_out_tongue:

I voted for the green&red one! I can see&read it more clearly!
The snow is awesome! I like it a lot!

Yep, the snow is very cool, but I prefer the other colors. [SIZE=1]I seem to be the only one, by the way.[/SIZE]

ohhh… I got it! I’m so slow lately!
[EDIT]Stupid question[/EDIT]
:slight_smile:

Design wise I liked the second one better, soft on the eyes and well matched for your site… however for the purpose of a holiday banner I had to vote for the first one…

after all not everything is about design and color theory! :stuck_out_tongue: <:}

Very nice K-Man

Peace

I voted #2, sure the first one had christmas colors, but it just didn’t match the other colors well at all. And the second one was softer on the eyes.

BTW: Is it just me or is that snow effect very CPU intensive??? It might just be me and my crappy comp.

<:} <:} #1 for me <:} <:}

*Originally posted by lostinbeta *
**BTW: Is it just me or is that snow effect very CPU intensive??? It might just be me and my crappy comp. **

it’s not just you…

I voted for #2… easier to read…

Rev

2 All the way! Matches the site…who cares about being festive…

[SIZE=1]::I’m not a very festive person::[/SIZE] :frowning:

2 offcourse, seems 7 members voted for 1. :-\

Hey lost,
It is quite sluggish on some comps (it was barely readable on the school comps). I just tried reducing the number of snow particles from 100 to 50. Reload the home page and tell me if you are still having problems. If you are, I’ll have to find a better, more efficient way of getting the code working properly.

Cheers!
Kirupa :rambo:

It runs smooth for me, but of course I am at work on my 1.7 Ghertz PIV with 526MB DDR and a Geforce 4. It may differ from lost’s computer, just slightly! :stuck_out_tongue:

I voted for the seconds one, matches the site the best!

the green and red is the best. it matches just fine!

*Originally posted by kirupa *
**Hey lost,
It is quite sluggish on some comps (it was barely readable on the school comps). I just tried reducing the number of snow particles from 100 to 50. Reload the home page and tell me if you are still having problems. If you are, I’ll have to find a better, more efficient way of getting the code working properly.

Cheers!
Kirupa :rambo: **

It is still a bit sluggish on my side, but with 50, it definitely runs better than with 100.

hmm, I think I’ll re-write the code this weekend to make it work better.

Cheers!
Kirupa :rambo:

Oh there goes Kirupa. Bragging about his ability to write code to do anything he wants :bandit:

I think the red and green one is more festive, and it doesn’t clash really bad. It’s actually welcome given the time of year. Not everything always has to be perfect.

[SIZE=1]wait…yes it does[/SIZE]

No, it’s good to have the red and green.