WildForm Flix Pro

Has anyone used it much?
We bought a copy and it’s sweet! The only problem is, sometimes the movies wont load online.
I have 2 PC next to each other and if I check it on the other one, it all seems to be working. It doesn’t seem to be anything to do with the temporary Internet files.
The client has said that he is experiencing this too.

Does anyone know of a fix for this?

[Mods, Feel free to move this if it’s in the wrong place]

Hey Kel - do you have a URL? I have used that program quite a bit in reviewing it for Wildform, and it is a pretty cool program.

Cheers!
Kirupa :stuck_out_tongue:

I really don’t think you would want me to post a link to these videos.
I don’t think I can even share the link with just you, sorry.

I used 300K Broadband Med Video [MX] to encode it. The other option I have on it is, play once and stop.

Do you think I have to import the swf and add a Play action to the first frame??

Oh, I understand - a video link won’t be necessary :slight_smile: Try publishing at a lower bandwidth option and see if that fixes it.

Cheers!
Kirupa :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah; problem is if I do that the quality will be crusty.

If they have the option to encode at 300K it should work…:angry:

I am not sure if you try to import the SWF, you will be allowed. The SWF format is different, and Flash MX will probably give you an error message. I briefly wrote about an alternate method to loading a flix movie here: http://www.kirupa.com/developer/flix/loadingflixmovie.htm

Try to see if loading it the method in the above URL solves your problem.

Cheers!
Kirupa :cyclops:

Thanx man, I’ll have a look! :slight_smile:

The way I have it setup is, I exported it from Flix then just imbedded it in an HTML page. Once you click the link from the site, it launches the HTML page. There is no Play button or anything.
This is the way the client wanted it.

Oh no problem then - simply add the loadMovie action to a frame or something :slight_smile:

I have imbedded the swf in the html so I don’t need a loadmovie.

Has anyone had this problem b4??

After playing around with this for most of the day, I discovered that by re-installing QuickTime it seems to have fixed the problem [Fingers crossed!!].

I just thought I would mention this just incase anyone else has this problem.

Just verifying if this:
After playing around with this for most of the day, I discovered that by re-installing QuickTime it seems to have fixed the problem [Fingers crossed!!].

I just thought I would mention this just incase anyone else has this problem.

Is the solution to this:
Has anyone used it much?
We bought a copy and it’s sweet! <b>The only problem is, sometimes the movies wont load online.</b>
I have 2 PC next to each other and if I check it on the other one, it all seems to be working. It doesn’t seem to be anything to do with the temporary Internet files.
The client has said that he is experiencing this too.

Does anyone know of a fix for this?

[Mods, Feel free to move this if it’s in the wrong place]

Cause I am having that problem…as well as my swf’s will preview fine, but will not play when opened through the stand alone player.

Very Frustrating!!

:run: :run:

Well sadly WildForm didn’t seem very eager to help me on this. I thought I had fixed it but the problem just kept re-appearing. In the end I opened a new flash doc and imported the video directly into Flash. This way required a bit of playing around to get the right size and what-not but it has worked just fine for me and the client.

I guess we wasted our money on WF Flix :frowning:

:frowning:
well that figures- thanks for trying to help anyway!!

:bu:

ok